• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member -- With Chaparral issues...

Joker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Just wanted to say hello to everyone.
I'm from Myrtle Beach SC
Not new to boats but new to jetboat.
I have 2017 Chaparral Vortex VRX 203
And with issues probly not new to everyone here ..
any advice help would be great appreciated!
Hoping that they take care of it the boat its self love everything else :-( so def would love to here from everyone have great day!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Joker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thank you this is the only one I have .. it's been in shop more then the water

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, sorry to hear about your problems, why don't you start a post in the Chap. section and list them out for us, it may help other members be aware for their boats, do you think you have a dealership problem or a manufacturer problem?

Joker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I bealive both! Dealer is awful they knowing nothing about this boat and BRP don't even have anyone for support for customers just dealers to speak to.
Motor is under power I have maiming problem it comes and goes and dealer can't spend the time on it they go out for 20-30 mins .. they had time to collect my money. Then I saw a post about wrong motor being put in Chap. so I called BRP they couldn't tell me how to figure it out what motor or tell the diff but they could at least check serial number..
by the serial number it's 250 but the year is 2013 and I just bought this boat 2 months ago and it's 2017
So they are putting motors that been sitting around for 4 years in new boats that's bull****
I can get thru anyone no one really cares I want them to buy this boat back!

Joker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I will start new in Chap when I can sit down this week and write it out .. I appreciate it

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
bummer. I hope you get it all works out or you get to get your money back.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
good looking boat, sorry about your troubles. Hopefully they get them worked out for you.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Joker welcome aboard my man nice to meet you the other day at the Marina. That is alarming that they would put a four year old engine in a 2017 boat that would make me pretty frustrated. Is there a simple way to check the engine year in the vin? I bet some of the other Scarab and Chap owners would love to check this on their boats as well. @ScarabMike do you know if there is a simple way to check the vin and tell the year? Joker as mentioned when you get time post some specifics about your issues in either general discussion on the Chap forum (it may get more reads in the general discussion forum) and I'm sure we will jump in and try and help you figure them out.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This can be checked using BUDS or a Candoo system. As far as manufacturing year for a specific engine, that would have to go through the correct BRP reps to assist. Remember, these engines are BRP Rotax engines, but their support isn't from Seadoo, its from the Evinrude division. They are the ones who package these engines for use with other manufacturer's boats.

@Joker welcome aboard my man nice to meet you the other day at the Marina. That is alarming that they would put a four year old engine in a 2017 boat that would make me pretty frustrated. Is there a simple way to check the engine year in the vin? I bet some of the other Scarab and Chap owners would love to check this on their boats as well. @ScarabMike do you know if there is a simple way to check the vin and tell the year? Joker as mentioned when you get time post some specifics about your issues in either general discussion on the Chap forum (it may get more reads in the general discussion forum) and I'm sure we will jump in and try and help you figure them out.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ill add this as well. The tech on these engines (unless its a brand new boat) hasn't changed since 2012. Even if the engines were from 2013, your warranty covers you from the date of purchase. I wouldn't worry about that since any issues will be covered. @Joker , at least you have a Caparral. You will most likely not have the issues that we are experiencing with the Scarabs. Let's see if we can help you here, and if it is in fact an engine issue, you can go to any BRP service shop and get it taken care of. But, if its a Chaparral issue like engine alignment, that has to be taken care of using their network of dealers.

Joker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Ok so I'm new trying to figure out how to reply to each and individual but haven't figure it out yet lol!

Ok the year can from BRP directly. I called and they looked up by motor by serial number..
I have plaining issues sometimes it does fine and sometimes it does boat seems very under powered
I get e reverse errors all the time also and main circuit breaker popping.. throttle also feels like when I roll in to the throttle there's area where boat does nothing then moves past and rpm goes up, which I'm sure that can be the reostat for the electronic throttle.
When boat is not plaining does like 12.9 miles at 8000 rpm it's def feels like lack of power or loosing it.
I had 3 people I had to have person sit in front to plain... then this weekend it was just me and one person he was already sitting up front and it did it..
also start the boat thank god it was still tied to dock it wild of took off and throttle was in neutral .. had that e reverse Modual errror..

Also from mechanical side it's not good for any engine to sit on a shelf for 4 years period it's not what I agreed to purchase I agreed to 2017

Joker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I tried to upload a video it didn't allow me to .. I have video of it doing it

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Joker Look at the "reply" in blue in the lower right of each post... click it to reply to that post. You can reply to multiple posts by using the quote feature.

How bout I move this thread to the Chaperal section since it has so much great info from @ScarabMike already.....

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I tried to upload a video it didn't allow me to .. I have video of it doing it
Videos need to be uploaded to another site like YouTube and then linked here in the thread

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Joker I have moved it to the Chap section.....

Feel free to add your other details when you get a chance.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok so I'm new trying to figure out how to reply to each and individual but haven't figure it out yet lol!

Ok the year can from BRP directly. I called and they looked up by motor by serial number..
I have plaining issues sometimes it does fine and sometimes it does boat seems very under powered
I get e reverse errors all the time also and main circuit breaker popping.. throttle also feels like when I roll in to the throttle there's area where boat does nothing then moves past and rpm goes up, which I'm sure that can be the reostat for the electronic throttle.
When boat is not plaining does like 12.9 miles at 8000 rpm it's def feels like lack of power or loosing it.
I had 3 people I had to have person sit in front to plain... then this weekend it was just me and one person he was already sitting up front and it did it..
also start the boat thank god it was still tied to dock it wild of took off and throttle was in neutral .. had that e reverse Modual errror..

Also from mechanical side it's not good for any engine to sit on a shelf for 4 years period it's not what I agreed to purchase I agreed to 2017
I would be pissed. Of course I drank 4 trois pistoles so that could be it too.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, so from what you are telling us you are having trouble getting to planing speed, you are having a circuit breaker that pops, and the boat seems under powered only reaching 12.9 MPH at 8000 rpm. Also that you have to sit 3 people in the bow to get the boat to settle into a regular riding attitude.

Here is what I think your problem is. There is either an issue with your INR (Intelligent Neutral/Reverse) module, or the electrical system associated with it. Thats why you are getting the codes on the dash "e-reverse". Im thinking the module cannot fully deploy above the pump, and its causing the reverse bucket to stay partially in reverse. This will not allow the boat to push forward because it is fighting against itself. The good news is that its a very easy issue to fix with some troubleshooting skills from your dealer.

Here is a picture of the INR

Attachments

Joker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Ok, so from what you are telling us you are having trouble getting to planing speed, you are having a circuit breaker that pops, and the boat seems under powered only reaching 12.9 MPH at 8000 rpm. Also that you have to sit 3 people in the bow to get the boat to settle into a regular riding attitude.

Here is what I think your problem is. There is either an issue with your INR (Intelligent Neutral/Reverse) module, or the electrical system associated with it. Thats why you are getting the codes on the dash "e-reverse". Im thinking the module cannot fully deploy above the pump, and its causing the reverse bucket to stay partially in reverse. This will not allow the boat to push forward because it is fighting against itself. The good news is that its a very easy issue to fix with some troubleshooting skills from your dealer.

Here is a picture of the INR
Thank you I will mention it