• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Members From Alabama

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello all! My wife and I just purchased our first boat, a 2011 Limited S! We took her out last weekend and thanks to all the research I did on these forums, we had no problems.

I spent better than an hour playing around a bouy learning how to control the boat at slow speeds and finally feel confident in boating in close quarters. We also experienced our first "blowout". It happened at slow speed so the plug stayed in the tube and didn't cause any problems. From all the great member tips, as soon as I saw the RPMs spike, I knew exactly what to check. (I'm almost positive that I didn't have it 100% seated at the beginning of the day)

We look forward to a great summer with our new boat, and I look forward to becoming part of the JetBoaters community.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
...... We took her out last weekend and thanks to all the research I did on these forums, we had no problems. ....
Well, I WAS going to tell you to get back out there and have some problems so we can help, but since you had the blow-out I'll let you off the hook!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Glad you found us and are enjoying your new vessel. Have a safe and fun summer! :cool:

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh, don't worry... you guys have already "helped" me spend a ton of money with only 3 hours on the boat! Haha

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, be sure to check out the FAQ for lots of great tips, a set of locks for the plugs is minimal and a nice peace of mind,

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks Scott. The original owner put in Tru-locks, so I'm good there. The guy I bought the boat from said he usually left the plugs in because "they were a PITA". I think that caused some of the issues. So based on advice here, I bought the Manhole Repair Kit and went to work scrubbing and polishing the tubes. They go in much easier now. You don't have to throw your whole body at it to get it to seat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome to the site. RTR

Hoping to have our boat next season!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome haknslash! If you ever feel the itch, head over to Lake Tuscaloosa and look us up. We'll be out almost every weekend. The lake temp is already almost 85*!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I may take you up on that offer if I'm able to heal up by the end of summer. I just had major surgery last Friday so I am stuck in bed for several weeks :(. I'm interested in the Limited S for our family so finding someone with one local would be nice to check one out in person since there aren't any dealers around. Did you buy it local? I have been looking on craigslist, boat trader, eBay, etc and I think I remember seeing one listed near T'town.

Congrats again and post pics of your new toy when you get a chance!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I may take you up on that offer if I'm able to heal up by the end of summer. I just had major surgery last Friday so I am stuck in bed for several weeks :(. I'm interested in the Limited S for our family so finding someone with one local would be nice to check one out in person since there aren't any dealers around. Did you buy it local? I have been looking on craigslist, boat trader, eBay, etc and I think I remember seeing one listed near T'town.

Congrats again and post pics of your new toy when you get a chance!
Sorry to hear about your surgery. Hopefully you heal up quick. I was interested in a LS or an AR240, but as you know there isn't much for Yamaha dealers in our area. My wife and I went to GA a couple months ago for a boat show where we knew would could drive one and decided we were on the right track... just not in the right market. I would have loved to buy a 2015, but I couldn't imagine my first boat being brand new. So we went to the internet. I scoured boattrader.com and ebay and craigslist... it was ultimately a forum where we found the best leads. Not only do you get the opportunity to speak with someone about the boat, but they usually have chronicled everything from oil changes to mods to incidents.

Long story long, we ended up having to make a 10+ hour trip to Ohio to pick her up. But we are very happy with the purchase (and by going through the forum we got it for $7,500 cheaper than he was asking right away). We love the boat and you are more than welcome to come play when you feel up to it! I'll post some pictures soon.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just realized you bought one of the boats I was looking at hehe. Congrats Bill and it has everything already done except for your own personal touches and it looks to be well documented :). I'm sure you guys are going to have a blast all summer and fall with it!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats! You will love the boat.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congratulations on your new toy! I keep a nerf football on top of each plug......just in case :Welcome:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
congrats and welcome to the forum!

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome Bill, I think - some of us - have seen your boat before :winkingthumbsup" WAREAGLE!!!!!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
:D You may remember seeing my boat from a very detailed thread on the "other" forum.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, we sure do! Have fun! If Lake Martin is ever in your future let me know, we just bought a place there.