• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New ported Bluave 10” enclosure

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So my current system is running (3) JL M6 10” IB through a JL 1000/5v2. I originally purchased a 4th M6 with intentions of adding something on the starboard side since the other 3 are all on port side. Have been going back and forth numerous times over having a ported box built but never wanted to lose anymore storage room on our 2020 242SE.

After much debate I opted to try out Bluave’s 10” ported enclosure more so because of its footprint 11”x18”x10.5” while being tuned at 39hz.

I plan on installing this weekend and running all 4 subs in series to achieve a 4ohm load to which the 1000/5v2 with push out 400w. My plan is to place the box under the helm although I’m worried that it could create a good rattle. Guess we shall find out and report back this weekend.

100A2145-C432-430B-AA16-2A1E9160D94B.jpeg611BB82B-2499-402E-8455-CAE78EDB81B2.jpegDA565F18-A9EA-464E-AAAF-70132E1BDFA7.jpeg

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How much time do you spend each week tightening screws and bolts on your boat? LOL

4 SUBS? I was thinking of replacing my Polk sub with a JL....but not 4. Are these subs just sucky? My one sub in my family room has to be turned down! (Yes its 12"....but still)

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lol these subs are definitely not sucky. They hit extremely hard but with them being “free air” they don’t produce the same bass as you would get in a ported/sealed box. I’ve had systems in almost all my cars for the past 26 years, started installing when I was a teen.

I’m a bass head and listen to mostly rap, R&B, reggae, and Spanish. Bass in boats is difficult to reproduce the same as you would in a vehicle or in a home system hence why I’m going with this ported box to see if I can get some deeper/louder bass. 1 of these subs it typically more than enough for I would say around 75% of boaters and the best thing about JL is you don’t have to pump a ton of watts for them to scream/bump.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lol these subs are definitely not sucky. They hit extremely hard but with them being “free air” they don’t produce the same bass as you would get in a ported/sealed box. I’ve had systems in almost all my cars for the past 26 years, started installing when I was a teen.

I’m a bass head and listen to mostly rap, R&B, reggae, and Spanish. Bass in boats is difficult to reproduce the same as you would in a vehicle or in a home system hence why I’m going with this ported box to see if I can get some deeper/louder bass. 1 of these subs it typically more than enough for I would say around 75% of boaters and the best thing about JL is you don’t have to pump a ton of watts for them to scream/bump.
Anxious to hear the full report on results

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

I to am interested to hear how it does. I have the stock Polk amp (PA D 5000.5) driving my Polk Sub in my 242X. I wonder if I could drive 2 subs off it??? Its 200 watts at 4 ohms on the sub channel. Thoughts?

Also wonder if that box would be mountable behind a seat bottom.....would need to find a suitable cover for the port.....

platinum00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If your using an IB sub in a ported box don't you need alot more cu/ft than that. This is going to be around 1.1 cu/ft. I think the m6 calls for at least 2 cu/ft?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I to am interested to hear how it does. I have the stock Polk amp (PA D 5000.5) driving my Polk Sub in my 242X. I wonder if I could drive 2 subs off it??? Its 200 watts at 4 ohms on the sub channel. Thoughts?
That amp is rated 400w at 2 ohms, so if you added another 4ohm sub in parallel you would be pushing 200w into each and increasing the bass output by at least 6dB. That's not a lot but it would increase the bass noticeably.

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well got everything wired up. Very happy with the improvement. I really haven’t had a true chance to hear anything long term yet and give a true evaluation as I actually like my neighbors. We are going out tomorrow so I’ll report with having a full day with them.

I will say that I wasn’t completely blown away just yet from that box, I plan on playing with it on the direction I place the port to see what it does to the sound but I can attest that the bass definitely hits those lower frequencies. More to come.

On a side note, not sure that too many people are aware of these Ferrules wire end connectors but to me they make the install that much cleaner and allows a great connection into your amps.

F6155760-3EA4-478C-B6FA-B3F26F2EF48D.jpegEED1D9B2-CA72-4A74-A838-84A8C02F01C4.jpeg74E5CB8F-F0D2-4B56-AF0E-5B8A2C7574F5.jpeg

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well after a day on the water I like what I hear. Granted we were off the boat for the majority of the day with the water still being cold for us Floridians. Still need to play around with the options of placement. Yesterday I had the port facing directly into the bow.

Unfortunately the house battery warning for low voltage popped up about 45 mins before leaving the island so now it will be time to upgrade with 2 more batts.
93A5E4A0-FCB5-42DD-8F0D-0DD6AC321D14.jpeg

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well after a day on the water I like what I hear. Granted we were off the boat for the majority of the day with the water still being cold for us Floridians. Still need to play around with the options of placement. Yesterday I had the port facing directly into the bow.

Unfortunately the house battery warning for low voltage popped up about 45 mins before leaving the island so now it will be time to upgrade with 2 more batts.
View attachment 172765
Ah never ending spending :) but batteries a good investment 🔊🔉👍

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No kidding right 😂😂

Now to do some research on batteries as of now I just have a couple Interstate deep cycles. Plan on putting those both on the starter and getting a couple AMG’s for the house. Any suggestions by chance @Farny ?

platinum00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have been looking at the XS Power XP3000 batteries. They seem pretty good.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length