• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Rockproof River Jett Trailer Issue

wheatoc50

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Recently bought a 2020 RockProof River Jett from Big Bee Boats in Harrisburg PA. 200 hp Optimax inboard jet, with UHMW bottom. Boat is great, was supposed to come with a custom trailer, but was unavailable due to Covid.

So I got a Load Rite 5 Starr.

Have had nothing but issues and problems from day 1 with the trailer, to the point the boat is now being damaged due to the trailer and bent brackets, which are my fault for being even though they came with literally 2 inches of ground clearance.

I contacted Big Bee Boats and Load Rite and after spending top of the line money, nothing but pushback and contention when I stated the trailer was not right for the boat. The trailer sat on their lot for 9 months before I was the lucky recipient.

I received an outside opinion from a different certified dealer who said immediately that this combination would never leave their lot.

Has anyone had an issue with Big Bee in Harrisburg or Load Rite as well?

I would steer clear of both companies unless you want to spend your hard earned money and be treated like you're being done a favor for doing so.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used them to repair my Load Rite Elite trailer after an accident when someone turned into my trailer at an intersection. I asked them about moving the axles forward to reduce tongue weight (which the Load rite manual says is possible) and they didn't know anything about it even though they are supposed to be authorized Load Rite dealers. They finally checked with the factory and said they could do it. Overall I was happy with the work and what they charged me but their attention to detail was somewhat lacking. It took forever to get the work done but thankfully it was the end of the season last year so I wasn't in a rush. I'm still not happy with the tongue weight (around 600 lbs.) but it's better than it what it was before the axles move.

wheatoc50

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I used them to repair my Load Rite Elite trailer after an accident when someone turned into my trailer at an intersection. I asked them about moving the axles forward to reduce tongue weight (which the Load rite manual says is possible) and they didn't know anything about it even though they are supposed to be authorized Load Rite dealers. They finally checked with the factory and said they could do it. Overall I was happy with the work and what they charged me but their attention to detail was somewhat lacking. It took forever to get the work done but thankfully it was the end of the season last year so I wasn't in a rush. I'm still not happy with the tongue weight (around 600 lbs.) but it's better than it what it was before the axles move.
Big Bees turned a brand new boat purchase and what should be a once in a life spend and a great experience into a nightmare of pushback, contention, and greed.

They stated they would not replace the trailer that 2 other certified dealers said was wrong for my boat and ensure that LoadRite was on their page.

Steer clear of Big Bees and Load Rite, many have said Load Rite has gone downhill over the past few years, I'm living proof.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good to know. They aren't a Yamaha dealer so really no need to use them for any boat related issues. I'm not a fan of the Load Rite trailer for Yamaha jet boats, the boat sits way to forward and you're limited on adjustments with the axles and winch pedestal. If I move my winch back any further, the boat's going to fall off the back end of the trailer. One good thing about the excessive tongue wait, the trailer tows nice and straight without any sway.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Recently bought a 2020 RockProof River Jett from Big Bee Boats in Harrisburg PA. 200 hp Optimax inboard jet, with UHMW bottom. Boat is great, was supposed to come with a custom trailer, but was unavailable due to Covid.

Have had nothing but issues and problems from day 1 with the trailer, to the point the boat is now being damaged due to the trailer and bent brackets, which are my fault for being even though they came with literally 2 inches of ground clearance.

I contacted Big Bee Boats and Load Rite and after spending top of the line money, nothing but pushback and contention when I stated the trailer was not right for the boat. The trailer sat on their lot for 9 months before I was the lucky recipient.

I received an outside opinion from a different certified dealer who said immediately that this combination would never leave their lot.

I would steer clear of both companies unless you want to spend your hard earned money and be treated like you're being done a favor for doing so.
How about some photos of this boat!!! Is "Rockproof" the Manufacturer? (if so tag me and I'll add it to the make drop down)

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These boats are popular on the Susquehanna river around the Harrisburg area due to the very shallow and rocky nature of the river around here. It's a shame - I only live 10 minutes from the river but can't use my boat there, pretty much fishing boats only with lifts on their outboards. There are 3 dams down river that are conducive to recreational boating and I do use them. Or you could just head all the way downstream to the Chesapeake Bay.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

I have added "RockProof" to the boat make list in the Member Profile section.

wheatoc50

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have added "RockProof" to the boat make list in the Member Profile section.
Here are some pics, the boat is unreal, gets on plane in about 18 inches and runs in 6-8 inches of water. Max speed is about 51 mph. RockProof is a small shop in PA near Harrisburg, great folks. Has the UHMW bottom, have already ripped over some pebble and round rock to get to the spots and not even a mark on the bottom of the boat.

I actually ordered the custom trailer from RockProof as I finally threw in the towel on this POS Load Rite.

Attachments

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about the trailer fiasco, but that is a good looking little fishing getup there! Good times ahead!

wheatoc50

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks much, I really can't say enough good things about the boat.

Nothing but good luck to you, tight lines!