• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Sprouts Store in our Town

SuperJetDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Some friends of ours told us they had ground beef on sale for $ 1.99 a Lb so we went to check out the new store and buy some beef, sure enough there was a No Firearms Sign and one above it, did not pay attention to the one above it until we left the store, I had to take a picture of this awesome!! Whoever put this sticker on the window I would like to buy them a beer!! They just make too much sense for the average gun hater to comprehend. ;)

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Never set foot in a sprouts. Got one within walking distance, won't do it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Geez Julian...give us a chance to mess up before you point out corrections..
That was a funny sticker @SuperJetDan
Thanks

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Geez Julian...give us a chance to mess up before you point out corrections..
That was a funny sticker @SuperJetDan
Thanks
Just jumpin' in where I can see a train wreck forming... :) Lots of new users who don't know/aren't familiar with our goals.

Trust me....I hate having to sit and ponder...."do I say anything", "do I lock the thread", "do I let it start"...."do I go play with my GoPro and screw it". Thought my reply was pretty tame and polite. But......

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian Your response was polite..but we are adults here. Train wreck? but the train hadn't even left the station yet. This or any post could go in any direction at any time ,you'll be a busy guy. Opinions will vary but I saw this as a hilarious sticker. Kind of a sign of the times in the overreaction of a few extremist on both sides of a passionate subject where the rest of us quiet majority are sucked into. Hurrah for both sides in, pardon the pun, sticking to their guns on the issue. This debate is America..I love it. Shows people still care. As far as other sites or bulletin boards as you put, to go to on this subject matter.. A number of people don't search the web to just debate every issue in the world. Most I bet only are a part of two or three and our reasons for pushing some touchy topics is that we may feel a hit closer and familiar to the members on these sites. We value their opinion and respect them for that. We know that as we delve into each others intelect we learn more about each other and respectfully value each other more. Our differences are just as valuable as our likenesses. I don't mean this to come across as a rant, just a plea to allow a bit more rope here. I'm sure that with the group we have here most topics can be kept in check without a lot of moderation from the Admins. Give it a chance before sqwashing a thread. Please.
Steve

SuperJetDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The rules were no politics ( left vs. right vs. independent) or religious discussions (Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, Muslims, insert your religion or lack of here), this was posted in a off topic discussion forum, there are a couple other gun threads already in existence, did those turn into a debate?

Gun Control is kind of an Oxymoron when you look at it factually, a gun is an inanimate object, it does nothing but sit there like a dog, good boy!! The issue is people control when it comes down to it, do I want someone to control every aspect of my life because of the actions of others? No I do not, and I don't think most people want to be controlled. Look at the most highly regulated State of California with the strictest gun laws in the country, did that stop a crazy person?

We have a problem with Criminals and Mentally Ill people, they will carry out mass killings with cars, guns, knives, bombs, poison, arson, etc. Law Abiding Citizens as a whole should not be punished for the actions of others, and that's a small amount of people compared to the millions of people who do obey laws. Here is how gun control has now turned into knife control in the UK, it does not matter what object is being used to kill another person, it's not the object that needs banned, it's the criminals and mentally ill that carry out the crimes.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-26141325

knife surrender.jpg

This is also a funny sign:

guncontrol.jpg

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Lspeedss We'll agree to disagree. We don't want political, gun control, abortion etc etc to tear this board apart. Posting these topics as Comedy is funny for some, not for others.

@SuperJetDan No-we said we don't want "divisive topics" to be discussed here....this is one of the most divisive topics around.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/politics-religion-and-other-volatile-topics.1801/

Its already turned into an argument.

If you want to post on this topic, go here:
http://www.politicalforum.com/gun-control/
http://www.4forums.com/political/gun-control-debates/
http://www.debate.org/opinions/does-there-need-to-be-stricter-laws-for-gun-control
http://www.youdebate.com/cgi-bin/scarecrow/forum.cgi?forum=9
http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=736
http://able2know.org/forum/gun_control/
http://guncontrol4778.yuku.com/

SuperJetDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Julian, go ahead and delete this thread, please ban me while you are at it, and delete all of my content - I own it correct.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I buy my salad at Sprouts. The store where I shop doesn't have a sign like that, so I go in packin' cause on aisle 3 they have the Asian food and everyone knows the bamboo shoots!

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the book section at Sprouts. In fact just last week we picked up a copy of "Eats Shoots and Leaves" there....

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was a funny sticker though.
@Julian I don't think the argument is about guns at this point. We get it. The argument at hand now is the choice of one person to have total say in what will or will not be discussed in a thread that was started by a precious member in forum that is supposed to by the members and for the members..all about the members! Hell this was the same argument about YBJ and why this was started.
. I do trust your intentions as good but to sqwash something before they have done anything wrong based on a bad personal experience is just not right. I'm just asking for some self governance here. You know most all of us at some level. Shouldn't we be trusted with our board?

SuperJetDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Lspeedss We'll agree to disagree. We don't want political, gun control, abortion etc etc to tear this board apart. Posting these topics as Comedy is funny for some, not for others.

@SuperJetDan No-we said we don't want "divisive topics" to be discussed here....this is one of the most divisive topics around.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/politics-religion-and-other-volatile-topics.1801/

Its already turned into an argument.
Seems like there was no argument going on until you started one, pot meet kettle, kettle meet pot. We all know you don't like guns, so you are particularly biased being a moderator in this case. The thread was started as a personal experience that I shared with the group, a funny sticker that points out the obvious facts of what the retailer was trying to forbid.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wow. All I can say is wow. Lets be clear here. We have FIVE members on the admin/mod panel. We have another 30 to 40 founding members, that joined and agreed on the direction of this forum. There is no argument about that...it IS what the membership wanted. Seems to me, you guys are pushing this as an agenda. Be advised...it isn't one member, and be aware...I OWN GUNS. It isn't about guns, it is about our forum. Take the gun debate elsewhere.

SuperJetDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wow. All I can say is wow. Lets be clear here. We have FIVE members on the admin/mod panel. We have another 30 to 40 founding members, that joined and agreed on the direction of this forum. There is no argument about that...it IS what the membership wanted. Seems to me, you guys are pushing this as an agenda. Be advised...it isn't one member, and be aware...I OWN GUNS. It isn't about guns, it is about our forum. Take the gun debate elsewhere.
Can you point out the debate between two people? I did not see one until Julian said there was one?

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
This is going to get good, a debate about a debate that didn't even exist....:spam:

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

This is going to get good, a debate about a debate that didn't even exist....:spam:

Wow, I'd like to add my Wow to the list.

If posting a picture of a sticker on a store's entrance in the Off Topic section gets this type of reaction then I'll need to stop and think about all the possible ramifications of everything and anything I post in the future which, based on the current condition of my crystal ball will be zero - since I can't possibly imagine how each and every individual who reads a post could possibly interpret my intent.

This reminds me of the little kid who got kicked out of school for forming his sandwich into the shape of a gun.

Arrivederci Roma, Goodbye, Au Revoir

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Glassman, we had a conversation and all made up.

This is my summary of the situation.

Dan, I believe you know as Mel
and Julian do that I carry and have probably killed a greater percentage of the food I have eaten than most on this forum. I 100% agree with the sentiment of the sign that you posted. I have often chosen to avoid establishments that have no carry signs and I feel safer where I know other citizens with background checks are carrying.

Unfortunately gun ownership has become fodder for politicians. They have politicized what should be a simple common sense issue. I believe the issue historically was one where options differed based on geographic location but now has become a political lines issue.

Some members and staff on our forum are opposed to gun ownership while others support it.

Julian was trying to stop an argument before it started and may have been personally offended. I know that I have had heated discussions on the topic with old friends that I agree with on most subjects.

I believe that Julians position is that it is ok to discuss shooting sports or self defense but not to criticize those that decide to prohibit carrying. Despite the fact that I find the sign funny this seems reasonable to me.

Thank you everyone for sharing your advice and opinions (here and the rest of our forum). I have great respect for everyone involved in this conversation.

Let's get back to enjoying our boats!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Julian .....Just jumpin' in where I can see a train wreck forming... :)

No offense Julian but I think you jumped the gun here!! (no pun intended) I found the sticker humorous and I find it hard to believe that it was necessary to fore warn them before they said anything wrong. Let them have their say before you nudge them in a certain direction. Hey this is just my opinion and if the directors are going to worry about offending people by regulating everything that is posted...... oh wait thats why we all moved over here to get away from that!

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It was probably my comment that initiated the impending train wreck.