• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to boating, jet boats and jet boaters.com

RD230

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone. I just joined the form last night and have already joined the Seadek group buy. @andy07sx230ho recommended that I introduce myself so... A few months ago My wife and I bought a Yamaha AR230HO (never owned a boat before) so that we could create some fantastic memories with the kids. So far, apart from a stuck clean out plug, blocked cooling lines, loosing a trailer bunk while launching and finally blowing the clean out plug at 9000 rpm (like a cannon shot the broke the hatch open and then just about washed my 9 yr old overboard) we are having a complete blast and I have to say that I am now totally hooked. We are boating on the St Laurence river near Cornwall, ON and just learning the way of things. I'll be exploring the site in much more detail and hope to find some more info on things like how to store in the winter, if people have experience with boat wraps, new upholstery, etc.

Regards

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep, welcome! Glad to hear you're enjoying the boat - even after the adventures. @JP Kahlen is also relatively new here and just up the river from you in Kingston, I'm often in Brockville or Ottawa visiting the in-laws (sans boat, unfortunately). There are many lakes I'd love to hit with the boat near you guys. The river? Too many lakers!!! :wideyed: In any case, gas will have to drop a lot farther before I tow it all the way up there!!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, check out the FAQ for lots of great info, especially about some cleanout plug locks,

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:Welcome: Welcome aboard! Cant wait to hear about your future boating adventures, your recents ones may be hard to top. Oh yeah and see your photos, we love photos.

RD230

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, welcome! Glad to hear you're enjoying the boat - even after the adventures. @JP Kahlen is also relatively new here and just up the river from you in Kingston, I'm often in Brockville or Ottawa visiting the in-laws (sans boat, unfortunately). There are many lakes I'd love to hit with the boat near you guys. The river? Too many lakers!!! :wideyed: In any case, gas will have to drop a lot farther before I tow it all the way up there!!!
Sorry @msavold - I meant to give you credit above for referring me to the welcome board but made a mistake with the names in the alerts. Cheers and thanks for the welcome

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@RD230 Welcome! You are absolutely in the right place. The knowledge base here and people willing to help out are second to none. Poke around some more and be as active here as you'd like. Always great to see more jetboaters from north of the border!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Make sure you type in jetboaters.NET not .com! Lol

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard @RD230! You have definitely joined up with a really great group of people, believe me. :Welcome:

Last edited:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome to the party. Hope you have some weeks left out o n the water.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum. You'll find many useful tips, tricks and modifications for the winter "no boat" season.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @RD230 and congrats on the new boat. Sounds like you're well on your way to making memories.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You had quite an introduction to the new boat. I spend way too much time on this site learning from others stories, hearing what mods should be made to avoid disaster, and seeing how people fix certain issues. This way, I have read about it before it happens and I am prepared.

Did you buy ez locks for your clean out plugs? That helps prevent the blow outs

Welcome to the site and this is the best forum

JP Kahlen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome @RD230! I'm a step behind, no boat yet, but looking to create the same memories with the kids while young. We are down in Kingston so have the potential of making our way down the St. Lawrence but will mostly be on interior lakes. This forum has been great with exceptional information and welcoming members. I'm still struggling to make up my mind on a boat...there are some great fall clearance deals to be had. Originally I was looking at a Sx190 just to get my foot in the door but then saw a great 14' AR210 as well as a 14' 212X. There are also some great 15' AR192's around. Trying to make the right choice without breaking the bank...

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome and Congrats on your boat!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard, kinda. Last time I was in Montreal my Jeep Grand Cherokee was stolen never to be seen again. Before that my Subaru STi was broken in to so I'm not too happy with canada. Also was spit on in Quebec City for speaking English.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad you're here!! And WELCOME!!!! :Welcome:

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat. Sounds like you have had a quick learning curve. I have a feeling that after joining this forum, boat ownership is about to become a lot easier for you.