• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to Jet, 2005 AR210

Yamanator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey, so a couple questions, I just bought this and I'm going to keep it on a lift. Is it a good idea to just put the lift up and leave water in it? or to flush it each time?

Any advice on cleanout ports?

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I keep mine on a lift in fresh water and I don't flush the engines. I will probably flush them this fall when I pull the boat out of the water before I winterize it. As for the clean out plugs. I leave them in during the season and only pull them when I need to check the impeller shafts. I grease the seals well with plumbers grease and they haven't gotten stuck since I started doing that.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Yamanator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome! Also what gas do you recommend using in these 2 strokes? Thanks. I just picked it up for 6k.

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hard to remember the 210's had two strokes in 2005, the 230's had the mr1 4 strokes,

be sure to check your oil lines if you're not on pre-mix, the lines have a history of falling off and you quickly burn up an engine,

Yamanator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
hard to remember the 210's had two strokes in 2005, the 230's had the mr1 4 strokes,

be sure to check your oil lines if you're not on pre-mix, the lines have a history of falling off and you quickly burn up an engine,

Yeah I intend on monitoring them the rest of this season and buying new lines in the spring. I was going to run 91 non eth.