• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to Jet boats

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone.

Downsized from a 25 ft Sea Ray Sundancer, and I'm glad I did it.
Although I was actually looking at the 212X I decided this would be a better starting point into jet boats. So far it's been great, and the maneuvering learning curve hasn't actually been as bad as I though (was a little anxious after trolling around for a bit and reading some comments regarding initial difficulties).
Got it out on the river to break it in and it was a great couple of hours. Turns and handles great and it's plenty fast for me. I had ordered the Thrust Vector, but not sure I even need them. Will probably help at the ramp...
Only "complaint" is the bit of vibration until it gets on plane, but other than that it's a great boat. (was a little spoiled with the 5.7l and bravo III that had great smoothness)
looking forward to leaning lots of new things and sharing my experiences with everyone.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Welcome and yes, pictures.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
lol, haven't taken too many yet, but here are a couple.

had to include one of the previous toy. Had some great trips on it. Miss my Durango R/T too... Much better towing vehicle.

We are planning to go out to a nearby lake on Sunday and should get some nice footage and pics.

Icatfish247

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to the site and congrats on the purchase! Good lookin boat!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard. It looks like you are having a great time with your new boat!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! You will love the boat.

To each their own, but fins are not necessary. I love the way jet boats steer. Once you get real comfortable with the steering, you just don't need the steering assistance.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome, congrats and sharp boat!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Eurocat .............. Couple comments .........
First a BIG WELCOME to you ! So glad you found us and joined in. :Welcome:
Second: GORGEOUS new boat. Really pretty ! Guess you've already discovered we REALLY like photos !
And lastly ......... I remember trading in our SeaRay ...... Not particularly old, and in mint condition. Barbie & I immediately felt this
major sense of relief (for it being gone) and then LOVE for our new Yamaha. I bet you know this same feeling. LOL .......... SOOO glad that monster is gone. Still surprised Brunswick sells that many SeaRays every year.
Anyways . Make yourself at home and please enjoy the best Boating Season ever !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Oh yeah ......... Almost forgot ! ............
+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 16 Eurocat.jpg

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yo! Welcome to Jetboaters.net! Glad you took the plunge with a new Yammie. Great fun for the kids and I'll bet you won't burn as much gas....er, or you'll end up boating more and ....oh just have fun! :cool:

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to the Forum and the Yamaha Family. Sweet looking boat too. I like the colors.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the welcome guys.

@MikeyL We enjoyed the SeaRay, but at this point it was just not practical. If I was already retired and didn't have kids that get bored if we spend the weekend on the boat I might have kept it.
The jet boat has so far impressed me by the amount of room in a 19 ft boat, and the overall ease of use. (including trailering around). I still have to try it out on the bay (saltwater) but as long as there is no major wind I expect it will handle fine.
A trip around NYC is also to come. I'll post up as they happen.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Welcome. Lots of fun in the bay!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
...We enjoyed the SeaRay, but at this point it was just not practical. If I was already retired and didn't have kids that get bored if we spend the weekend on the boat I might have kept it...
You know, I'm actually glad to hear this. We SERIOUSLY considered a 24-foot SeaRay cruiser before buying the Yamaha. It was in very nice shape and the price was right. I'd have bought it on the spot, but the salesguy actually talked me OUT of it. He said "You don't want a boat like this with this young family of yours. This is for when the kids are gone and you want to just cruise."

(We ultimately didn't buy our boat from them - he wasn't a Yami dealer - but I'll be going back there when the time comes for that retirement cruiser. That guy saved me from making a huge mistake. I believe it was Lakeside Marine in Oshkosh.)