• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to the forum - 2015 AR240 - What did you pay in Texas

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi y'all, I'm new to the forum, and I am hopefully going to be a Yamaha owner soon. I'm at the "convince my wife stage". Part of this stage is knowing how much I will likely end up paying for the boat, and I'm hoping that y'all might be able to help me with this.
I'm particularly interested in what folks are paying for the 2015 AR240 in the state of Texas.
So, if you bought a 2015 AR240 in the state of Texas, I'd appreciate it if you could share what you paid and what add-ons are included in your pricing. If you're not comfortable posting who you purchased it from, that's ok.
Thanks so much!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @MrMoose , I know you'll get a bunch of feedback from our Texan Jetboaters. And I hope you are prepared for the long list of "Must Haves" that are sure to come as well.

We like to spend OPM (Other People's Money) :cool:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, I don't think we have any members in Texas with the new boat yet,
update your profile with your location so we know where you're at, it will also automatically add you to the member map,

the 2015 240's look like a great boat with some good new features, will this be your first boat ?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@MrMoose .. So glad you're here. :Welcome:
@Glassman said right when he wrote ............
"We like to spend OPM (Other People's Money) :cool:"
Best Wishes to you ...... The new 2015 2-foot Yamahas are simply INCREDIBLE !!!!!!
Don't let anyone talk you outta purchasing a 2015 24-footer !
Take care and please keep posting !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
And oh yeah ...........

+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 81 MrMoose.jpg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha boats are unusual in that they typically sell at or above MSRP. Yamaha will offer periodic finance discounts. The dealers will often offer to throw in or discount accessories. But the best price you will find on a 2015 AR240 is likely to be real close to $53,500.

Each dealer has to order inventory for the next year in August. They are only allowed a small increase over the previous years allocation.

Several members have had good experience with
http://www.phildillboats.com

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, I don't think we have any members in Texas with the new boat yet,
update your profile with your location so we know where you're at, it will also automatically add you to the member map,

the 2015 240's look like a great boat with some good new features, will this be your first boat ?
Hi Scottintexas,
This will be my third boat, but my first with a jet drive. I'll update my location. thx

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha boats are unusual in that they typically sell at or above MSRP. Yamaha will offer periodic finance discounts. The dealers will often offer to throw in or discount accessories. But the best price you will find on a 2015 AR240 is likely to be real close to $53,500.

Each dealer has to order inventory for the next year in August. They are only allowed a small increase over the previous years allocation.

Several members have had good experience with
http://www.phildillboats.com
Thanks Bruce. I touched base with them last week. They have the boat that I'm interested in, but the price that they gave me was pretty high. Just under $63K with only few extras (cover, swim platform seats, and coast guard kit), includes $3620 in sales tax. I was impressed with their responsiveness in providing a quote... took about 30 minutes.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Bruce. I touched base with them last week. They have the boat that I'm interested in, but the price that they gave me was pretty high. Just under $63K with only few extras (cover, swim platform seats, and coast guard kit), includes $3620 in sales tax. I was impressed with their responsiveness in providing a quote... took about 30 minutes.
Did their quote explain the markup? Seems like 242 money.

Here is one in Waco for $53,849. http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2015-Yamaha-AR240-High-Output-102363373

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
63K seems very high for a AR240

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi y'all, I'm new to the forum, and I am hopefully going to be a Yamaha owner soon. I'm at the "convince my wife stage". Part of this stage is knowing how much I will likely end up paying for the boat, and I'm hoping that y'all might be able to help me with this.
I'm particularly interested in what folks are paying for the 2015 AR240 in the state of Texas.
So, if you bought a 2015 AR240 in the state of Texas, I'd appreciate it if you could share what you paid and what add-ons are included in your pricing. If you're not comfortable posting who you purchased it from, that's ok.
Thanks so much!
I'm surprised that nobody has shared.
Please share!
Either folks are getting smoking behind the scenes deals that they are sworn to secrecy on, or they feel that they paid too much and are scared to share... No disrespect intended, just want folks to help each other out. Even pricing on a 2015 242LS would be helpful.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not aware of any Texas members with 2015s. I believe that is the issue.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Bruce. My local dealer said that they've sold more than 40 2015's, so I expected that there would be a subset of them that would be on this forum. By the way, that Bimini trip thread on this forum is absolutely killin' me. It's definitely a bucket list item that has to be dealt with before I get too old to do it.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
By the way, that Bimini trip thread on this forum is absolutely killin' me. It's definitely a bucket list item that has to be dealt with before I get too old to do it.
You should join us this year. It will be the biggest group ever and I worry that the islands development will make future trips less enjoyable. Your tow distance is probably similar to mine except you have better roads.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome @MrMoose ! The dealer up here in N Texas has sold 25% more boats this year than in years past due to having full lakes again. But what your going to find, is that only a percentage of buyers seek out forum advice, even though this forum will save them from damage and give them more knowledge than they will get in a lifetime of ownership and only dealer input. Our membership is growing everyday, but what the guys are telling you is that none of our existing membership has upgraded their boats, and we don't remember any new members that are in the Texas area that have joined and purchased already. But I wholeheartedly agree, unless that price includes dealer prep, freight, doc fees, and tax/title/lic, the price is high. You can buy that boat at MSRP at least. Shop around, then take that price to your dealer and get a match. Just like buying a car...if you don't work on them, they will take the money your willing to give them. Welcome aboard once again!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @MrMoose. I don't have any current pricing info, but just wanted to welcome you and say good luck with your search. Hopefully you'll be out on the water soon!!!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and good luck with the impending purchase.

I know it is a virtual impossibility to stop someone from buying a boat right ahead of summer when they are bent on doing so, so please understand my comments are not being made with this intent. . . . . . That said:

With how well the 2015's have been selling it certainly appears to be a sellers market (things getting marked up way over MSRP). . . . . . Especially at this point in the season. If you can wait until fall or even winter for the boat shows you will save $10K EASY based on the pricing you outlined above. That is a LOT of mods to be rewarded with for your patience. Not to mention the fact that by then all the 1st year model bugs should be evident.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

DCB-270