• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Yamaha Owner

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all, I've been watching this forum and others for a long time shopping Yamaha 24' boats so thanks for all the great info.
I finally convinced the wife to move up from our 18' bayliner and we made a deal at the Grand Rapids boat show on a 2016 AR240. Can't wait until it warms up enough to take delivery. I'm sure I'll have many more questions once I get into mods and maintenance.
When we go for our sea trial will the tech start the break in process? I would like to run it pretty good with the dealer but it won't be broken in yet. Any thoughts? Also, any advice for a first time jet boater is welcome.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum....as I'm sure you've figured out already....there is a wealth of knowledge here....and lots of friendly people!!!!

The break in process is (I'm pretty sure)...just keep the RPMs low until you have 10 hours on her (not sure what they suggest the limit is....but someone will chime in...like @Williamsone46 )

We'll want to see pics when you get her!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!! First bit of advise is go ahead and book your room for the Bimini trip in June now it fills up fast ;)

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @JTC1016 and congrats on the new boat. Make sure to take pics on your first outing.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Julian,...10 hours!!!? I thought it was an hour and a half. That would be a torturous 10 hours.:)
JTC1016, Congratulations and welcome to the party.

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks all, I'll definitely figure out how to post pics once we get her. The Bimini trip sounds like a blast. Maybe in a couple of years when the kids are a little older my wife and I will try it.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Julian,...10 hours!!!? I thought it was an hour and a half. That would be a torturous 10 hours.:)
JTC1016, Congratulations and welcome to the party.
Jim is right. 5 minutes at trolling speed, then 30 minutes below 5000 rpm, them 1 hour below 600o rpm, then free to open her up!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length