• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newb in Missouri

Higgy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
It's cold here in the Ozarks! What a drag. I've been reading quite a bit here the last few weeks... figured I should speak up and introduce myself. I'm here in Southwest Missouri with my 2015 SX192. Love it so far.... except for seeing it bundled up in the garage with winter approaching. I bought it near the end of August with 0.3 hours on the meter and managed to put 15 hours on it this year. I've wanted a boat for years and am finally in a point in life where I felt comfortable taking the plunge. I scoured Craigslist and BoatTrader for months and months... never really found anything that got me excited till I stumbled on the Yamahas. I saw they had the 2.99 financing going on and I was sold. So far have only been exploring Table Rock Lake but would like to expand my horizons next year. Maybe even go out on the Missouri or Mississippi river... Sounds like fun doesn't it?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome to the party Higgy. There are a lot of guys from Missouri on this forum. I hope you get a chance to meet up with them.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Higgy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I saw they had a meeting this past summer. Unfortunately I did not yet own a boat at that time. If it happens again I might have to add my little vessel to the flotilla. Looks like a good time!

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome Higgy, Im in Sedalia full time, Lake of the Ozarks MM76 in the summer. Nice boat!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh yea there will be a table rock trip !!!! Welcome aboard !!!!

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard.... We boat Table rock quite a bit as well as other lakes in our area and the Mississippi. There will be a table Rock meet up again this year. Just trying to get some loose ends together and then I will post on the forum

Higgy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Cool. I'll keep an eye out for the posting. I appreciate the welcome guys! [flag]

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Higgy and congrats on the new boat.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new boat!

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! If you get tired of Table Rock ( yeah right) try out pomme De Terre 1 hour north of you., or Grand Lake 2hrs. West in Ok. I presently do the Pomme but am looking for long term storage at Table Rock.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome!! Always looking to connect with peeps on the big lake (off the main channel of course) if you venture onto LOTO.

-Former Yamaha owner and wake surf junky.

Higgy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
No shortage of lakes around here to check out. The first and only time I had my boat on LOTO was for my test drive. We left the Surdyke marina and went out into the main channel. I was having fun... but I don't think anybody else on the boat was. The wind was howling out there... almost had whitecaps.. a 28 foot twin engine Maxum flew by us kicking out a massive wake.. My Dad and girlfriend came along for the ride. They looked miserable. So yeah... I'd like to do more of the big lake but definitely need to find some spots more suited to my little rig.

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I spent a week at Table Rock. We found a cove and spent most of our time there. It was beautiful. It would be perfect for a 19 foot boat. Welcome to the Yamaha family!

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Higgy, Surdyke does an event each year at LOTO called Yamapalooza, several of us have gone. If you venture back up to LOTO, the State park or one of the smaller arms is the way to go.