• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newbie happy to have found this site.

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Dying to get my new 212x. So far, I have only been able to sit in it at the dealer. The rivers here are flooded out out (have have been for 3 weeks) so I can't do my check ride. The dealer has a thing about taking a brand new boat out in a river full of logs and debris. I wish some of you in Texas would take some of our rain. But hey, this is Oregon so it will just keep coming until about June.

I am looking forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge that is here. And yes, I understand that resistance to mods is futile which may be why my wife was not that excited that I found another forum for one of my toys.

I keep looking at this webcam like a kid waiting for Christmas. Drop water. Drop.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard!

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dauuuum! your flooded, Midwest is frozen shut, Texas is needing water. Send some water to Texas and they can send some heat to the Midwest. All Problems solved. Welcome and hope you get to test drive your boat soon.

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! Look at that! Welcome aboard!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That alotta water! Welcome aboard!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dying to get my new 212x. So far, I have only been able to sit in it at the dealer. The rivers here are flooded out out (have have been for 3 weeks) so I can't do my check ride. The dealer has a thing about taking a brand new boat out in a river full of logs and debris. I wish some of you in Texas would take some of our rain. But hey, this is Oregon so it will just keep coming until about June.

I am looking forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge that is here. And yes, I understand that resistance to mods is futile which may be why my wife was not that excited that I found another forum for one of my toys.

I keep looking at this webcam like a kid waiting for Christmas. Drop water. Drop.
Wow, that's a lot of water. I can't imagine having to wait like that having just bought it, but I guarantee you, you would not want to be boating in a flooded river. That's asking for a whole lot of pain. Almost as much pain as having to wait, which gives you plenty of time to dream of all the mods you will end up doing...:devilhorns:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is just amazing....flooding in one area and drought in another....

Welcome aboard and I am glad you found us!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome onboard soggy! Hopefully the sun will shine and the water will drop.....Count your blessings though, you should see some of the reseviors in Socal!

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
hey there...you're in my backyard! we bought our 212x from stewart at river city but luckily was able to take it out for a spin. you will be amazed once you get a test ride. i checked out hagg lake the other day and the water looked amazing. might be a option if the willamette doesn't lower soon.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Welcome!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard @soggyshoes and while I am at it, welcome to you to @bobbie you all have found the expert authority on yamaha jetboats. That knowledge base comes from veterans and rookies alike...but it is a membership that will freely share their time and energy to help you get the answers, and share their mods and successes with you! And were glad to do it, and glad your here!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard. Glad you found us. Not to worry we'll help you spend more money on those mods while you're waiting for the water to subside.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hint: boat comes with a trailer. Bring it to Texas...

Welcome!

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow a 212x. That's the boat I would have if I had the money to make a switch from my 210. Good going. I know that feeling of itching to get out on the water. Many of us feel the same way at this point in the winter.

Welcome aboard.

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Actually the water levels are much lower than they were a few weeks ago. Although it looks like last few days of rain have risen them again (that first post is a link to the webcam feed at the dealer and not a static image). Here is an image of the levels about three weeks ago:
upload_2014-3-7_22-22-51.jpeg

That was a lot of water! It was a long way form the gangplank to land!

I know being in the boat on the water will be a lot more fun than sitting in it in the dealers warehouse. Besides, it is going to start to look a little silly for a grown man to be sitting in a boat on the trailer making engine sounds pretending to be shooting out of the hole and doing spins. ...... or is that what most you have doing all winter?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Second hint: you can do mods before you put it in the water. Did you upgrade the sound yet? Front grab bars? VHF radio? Tower speakers? Clean out port locks? Tow valves?

Well, get cracking! :)

Mostly, tho, enjoy. You will have a blast once you get it out.