• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newbie Question - What comes with a new boat?

mspis65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Newbie here with a deposit on a 202? 252SD. I was told it would be next summer (August 2023) as they had already reached their deposit quota for 2022's. (unless someone cancels) While I thought I asked all of the questions I had at the time at the dealer, in reading these posts I have created a list of new questions. Most of them are around, what do you get included in the boat?

My assumptions on what was included - but now I am not sure on the following:
  1. Cover - I see a lot of you buy them so now I am not sure.
  2. Fire extinguisher -
  3. Anchor
My assumptions for things I need to purchase:
  1. Better anchor - looking at a box anchor
  2. Dock ropes - looking at the bungees
  3. Emergency tow rope. Shouldn't need this, It's a Yamaha for crying out loud, but maybe to help out someone else. ;)
  4. Bumpers/ fenders for docking
  5. First aid kit
  6. Tool box - W/ Sharp knife / scissors
  7. Silicone spray for clean outs
  8. Safety vests + PSD throw cushion
  9. Air horn / Whistle
  10. Yeti 45 - (already bought this) - Yes I know its a year out.
  11. Marine toilet.
Looking for any other must haves to start out our boating adventures. Qualifier- We will be cruising and beaching. We have no interest in skiing or tubing or fishing. This will be more of a party boat for my family. 3 generations.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nothing is automatically included. It’s up to your dealer. All I could get was a fire extinguisher and 4 garbage life vests when I bought mine.

Your list looks good. I think you’re supposed to have a beacon or flare too.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It comes with maybe a fire extinguisher if your dealer is nice. The shipping cover if you ask very nicely. Anything else you need to buy or work into the deal.

FYI you need to get the sliding feet for the yeti 45.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got the following from dealer:

Coast guard kit (fire ext, 4 orange vest, 1 throwable square floatation device, air horn/whistle, set of 4 flare)
Starter kit (Anchor/anchor line & chain, 2 dock lines)
Not sure if this is standard cause people have thread about adding extra but I got 2 battery - start/house
Petty $30 off extended aft shade which i'm still waiting for.
Offered to give me shipping cover but I already have OEM mooring cover coming in (dumb me I should have taken it)

Additional purchase that I did:
2 more dock line.
extra 100 ft dock line (if I camp in an island, will use to secure boat).
Porta potty (that I never used, its there for emergency)
Onyx inflatable vest.
Magma grill & mount
Magma fillet table
Basic Tool set
Box of hose clamps with different sizes for emergency.
Gorilla tape
Set of extra spark plugs
Radios - handheld and dash mounted
ePirb
Garmin 743xsv fishfinder/chartplotter

bigsapper

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First time boat owner; first time jet boat owner. (a few pontoon rentals)

I just yesterday picked up my SX190. It came with a fire extinguisher. Boat already has a horn.

Added dealer options were...
-- "Custom" boat cover
-- Anchor kit (missing rope; I ordered one off Amazon and it will be here today)
-- Coast Guard kit: 6 cheap life vests, throw cushion, 4 fenders w/lines & 4 dock lines

Added 2 nice sport life vests and 2 A/M inflatable vests. It's just me and HH6. The cheap vests are for any guests. Guests with children will need to have their own children life vests.
Boat hook
Binoculars
10L dry bag with...
-- Electric flare
-- First Aid Kit
-- Handheld Marine Radio
-- Chemlights
-- Fixed blade knife
-- Shears
-- Multi-tool

I'd return that Yeti 45 and get a Yeti Haul.

I also got a 2x2" block of wood and a cheap dock cleat, dock line, boat cleat & fender line to practice my knots/tying off.

Not sure what I need for a toolbox/tools?

Also, Navionics for my phone and a BoatUS membership and I'll get a MMIS ID to plug into my radio.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
^^ the 45 fits perfectly in the cubby on the 252s

bigsapper

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ah. I'm thinking our Haul will substitute for the bow filler cushions. And at less than half the price; whoda thunk! o_O

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Newbie here with a deposit on a 202? 252SD. I was told it would be next summer (August 2023) as they had already reached their deposit quota for 2022's. (unless someone cancels) While I thought I asked all of the questions I had at the time at the dealer, in reading these posts I have created a list of new questions. Most of them are around, what do you get included in the boat?

My assumptions on what was included - but now I am not sure on the following:
  1. Cover - I see a lot of you buy them so now I am not sure.
  2. Fire extinguisher -
  3. Anchor
My assumptions for things I need to purchase:
  1. Better anchor - looking at a box anchor
  2. Dock ropes - looking at the bungees
  3. Emergency tow rope. Shouldn't need this, It's a Yamaha for crying out loud, but maybe to help out someone else. ;)
  4. Bumpers/ fenders for docking
  5. First aid kit
  6. Tool box - W/ Sharp knife / scissors
  7. Silicone spray for clean outs
  8. Safety vests + PSD throw cushion
  9. Air horn / Whistle
  10. Yeti 45 - (already bought this) - Yes I know its a year out.
  11. Marine toilet.
Looking for any other must haves to start out our boating adventures. Qualifier- We will be cruising and beaching. We have no interest in skiing or tubing or fishing. This will be more of a party boat for my family. 3 generations.
August of 2023? I would be searching for another dealer. Thats pathetic who would wait 2 years for a boat

mspis65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Nothing is automatically included. It’s up to your dealer. All I could get was a fire extinguisher and 4 garbage life vests when I bought mine.

Your list looks good. I think you’re supposed to have a beacon or flare too.
Sorry typo. August 2022.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, that's better!

I think it is pretty well covered above, but I would add 'a toolbox' to the list. Put in the basics at least: screwdrivers, pliers, box cutter, basic socket set, hex keys.

Congratulations on your upcoming purchase and welcome to the board!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I wouldn’t be surprised seeing people wait two years. Supply chain issues aren’t going away anytime soon, and there is already people still waiting from q3 last year.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
First time boat owner; first time jet boat owner. (a few pontoon rentals)

I just yesterday picked up my SX190. It came with a fire extinguisher. Boat already has a horn.

Added dealer options were...
-- "Custom" boat cover
-- Anchor kit (missing rope; I ordered one off Amazon and it will be here today)
-- Coast Guard kit: 6 cheap life vests, throw cushion, 4 fenders w/lines & 4 dock lines

Added 2 nice sport life vests and 2 A/M inflatable vests. It's just me and HH6. The cheap vests are for any guests. Guests with children will need to have their own children life vests.
Boat hook
Binoculars
10L dry bag with...
-- Electric flare
-- First Aid Kit
-- Handheld Marine Radio
-- Chemlights
-- Fixed blade knife
-- Shears
-- Multi-tool

I'd return that Yeti 45 and get a Yeti Haul.

I also got a 2x2" block of wood and a cheap dock cleat, dock line, boat cleat & fender line to practice my knots/tying off.

Not sure what I need for a toolbox/tools?

Also, Navionics for my phone and a BoatUS membership and I'll get a MMIS ID to plug into my radio.
Despite the boat having a horn, that does not make it fully legal, at least not in my state. Where I live you also need to have a secondary audible warning device such as a whistle or air horn. You also must have a visible warning device such as flares and/or distress flag. We carry both the flares and the bright distress flag in cause something goes wrong with the flares (or if one I’ve shot them all at stupid fckrs on pwc’s jumping my wake). A mirror is also a good idea.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Plus, unless they are using a different horn from when I bought (and goodness I hope they are), the horn on the boat sounds more like a lame duck call than a horn... So maybe you need 2 real horns.

Heizen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
It is necessary to have a rode or anchor line that is long enough. It helps a lot for the proper anchoring of the boat

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
NOTHING comes with the boat. All the additions you list are extra. Now most dealers include the basics as part of their dealer fees (batteries, fire extinguisher, anchor and basic life jackets).

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Despite the boat having a horn, that does not make it fully legal, at least not in my state. Where I live you also need to have a secondary audible warning device such as a whistle or air horn. You also must have a visible warning device such as flares and/or distress flag. We carry both the flares and the bright distress flag in cause something goes wrong with the flares (or if one I’ve shot them all at stupid fckrs on pwc’s jumping my wake). A mirror is also a good idea.
This is an important response as it points out to read your local regulations. None of these items are required in this size of boat in MN. Probably a good thing to have, but not required by law. I only have an air horn with as the Yamaha horn has failed on me more than once. I wait for the day that I can blast it for the DNR. I only use it to scare the kids when they start to doze off.

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A real big piece of plastic in the floor that converts money into fuel! Also it comes with JOY!