• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No Accessary power

cyberlock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pulled boat out of storage and both engines started great but nothing else on boat has power. No horn, blower, radio, lights.
Single battery is fully charged. All cables are on and tight. 4 negative and 2 positive. I removed them multiple times. Is there a fuse or bank of auxiliary fuses? Circuit breakers are not tripped.
Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
shouldn't you have 4 negatives and 4 positives,

As Julian said on the stock set up there's a small inline fuse in the under seat area where the battery is,

cyberlock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes Scott, I only have 4 negative and 2 pos. to battery. I removed battery and looked well. I found the inline fuse you mentioned but need to by one to check (20 amp?) Surprised blower does not work as I thought it was on its own line. If fuse to battery is bad would engines run?

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe it is a 20amp fuse. I checked my manual and couldn't confirm it though.

That fuse is only for the accessory line so the engines would run.

Can you see where your helm or accessory wires are spliced into one of those power cables? Follow that wire from the fuse location back and forth as far as you can.

Do you have any non-stock electronics on your boat?

cyberlock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No other electronics. I'll replace the fuse and see. Thank you.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed a new fuse block so this is all still fresh in my mind. I assume it's the same as my 210. The accessory fuse is a 20 amp. It's in a waterproof holder screwed to the side wall not far from the battery. You should be able to trace the smaller gauge cable right to it from the battery.

But something isn't adding up here. I thought I had 2 thick positive and and 2 thick negative cables (I assume for the starters/one to each engine) and then I had a single positive for the accessories, and a single negative with a bunch of small wires all tied together at the end where it connects to the battery - making for 3 total connections to positive, 3 total to negative. Are you sure you didn't mistake that accessory wire as a negative cable due to the black loom it is wrapped with?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
now that Vonce mentions it, I had a very troublesome radio, it's a long story but the guys that added the extra cabling used a red wire for the "ground" also, so I was trying to hook up all the red wires to the terminal not realizing one of them was actually the ground.

Did you trace that wire from the inline fuse? where did it go?

cyberlock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Vonce, I did hook up the accessory wire to negative due to the black loom. Everything works great now. I also replaced the 20amp fuse
since I was there.