• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No cluster controls working nor does the radio. Any suggestion?

Matt Burdett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No cluster controls working nor does the radio. 2012 240 SX

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Need a little more info....
  • Was it working before?
  • Dual battery set up?
  • Is this first time out of the season?

My guess is you missed connecting a wire to the battery (the house + connection)?
Otherwise there is a fuse on the house line not far from the battery....trace it back. It is usually a small black plastic fuse box.
Next up would be missing negative common wire.
Lastly....I assume the battery is charged?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check the house fuse. It should be in the battery compartment on the wall next to the switches. I believe it's 20A.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know on the newer boats the cluster gets it 12v from the same connection as the stereo. There should either be a common fuse somewhere or look behind the console for a loose/broken wire.

Matt Burdett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am really confused don't think it's something major but I am just stumped. It a newer boat in perfect condition. I was thinking the same thing about a missing ground wire. That doesn't seem to be the case. Just pulled it out and got her all cleaned up. Hooked up batteries but nothing on the cluster works and no radio. Looked in the back of the cluster nothing looks bad. I would think there is a main fuse boxes and can't seem to find it. Did some research on line but not much help. Usually when something acts like this is a ground issue. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Upload pictures of your batteries and wiring in the battery compartment. [flag]:jimlad: