• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

north carolina newbie

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hello all. Ive read alot on this site and it helped me to decide to pull the trigger on buying a new jet boat. Driving down to Charleston SC tomorrow to test drive a Scarab 215 HO. If I like it as much as I think im putting a deposit down on a 2016. Wife wants the blue so going to build a HO to have the same options as the impulse (thats not available in that color). Also going to test the yamaha 212 for comparison. Any advise or particulars to look for?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard @jet set ! Good luck on the search and buy!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @jet set and good luck with your boat purchase.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Both makes are great boats but make sure your dealer is as close as possible.

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I'm in greensboro. Got several lakes pretty close, but plan on boating saltwater as well. WilmingtonNC, Charleston, SC and Jupiter FL. There is a service center in gboro that works Rotax motors too. Not sure on the Yamaha though.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! You've probably been reading through all the Scarab threads but if not here is a link to that section of the forum, https://jetboaters.net/forums/scarab-jet-boats.35/. Also, @ScarabMike plus others are a great resource for questions about the Scarab's. Both Scarab and Yamaha make great boats, Yamaha has been at the jet boat business longer than any other manufacture.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome, neighbor!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @jet set!

Good luck on your search for a jetboat. I can tell you either way you go, you will be happy.

The way your building your Scarab, is the way I would have done it as well. The Impulse is nice, but I would have loved to have the blue color on the white hull.

Either way you go, please make sure you sea trial, and check everything is working right before you take delivery.

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks again. I just test drove the scarab and the yamaha. I put down a deposit and ordered a 2016 scarab ho with wake options. Supposed tobe delivered july17th. Cant wait!

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey there, @jet set !
Glad you've joined us and a big Welcome to you & your new boat !:Welcome:
Wishing you many Smiles and great memories from this boating season !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Congrats Jet Set.jpg

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats @jet set !!!

Now all we ask, is for a ton of pictures and videos. This website is great on mobile devices. When you are there checking out the boat, or even taking delivery and find something you have a question on, give us a shout!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks again. I just test drove the scarab and the yamaha. I put down a deposit and ordered a 2016 scarab ho with wake options. Supposed tobe delivered july17th. Cant wait!
Congrats on your purchase! As someone else who is also debating on these boats, would you mind going over some of the pro's and con's of each boat and why you chose the Scarab as top choice? I'm hoping to get to test these boats out later in the summer so I'm looking for all the feedback I can get. Again congrats and welcome to the site!