• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

North Carolina

Bobby Cook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Just got my new boat and ended up stuck on a sandbar in new river. Can anyone tell me some good places to go and maybe the routes to take. I'm also interested in just cruising around and sight seeing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

First off, welcome and congratulations on the new boat!

You may want to post your location in NC so those near you can help ya a little better. Sorry if I missed it.

I had the same issue in the bays of MD. Just get out on the water and keep an eye on other boats around you to see where they're traveling, as long as they're not new to the area also. That's what I did my first season and knew my way around the sand bars pretty quickly. Great way to make some new boating friends as well.

I'm sure some members close to you will chime in.

Hope you didn't ruin your outdrive on your new jetboat! :p

I'm in NC (Raleigh), but never boated the New River.....rivers and tidal areas are the toughest to boat in as they can change relatively quickly due to currents moving sand around. I found having a GPS very helpful....go slow in new areas until you are sure of depths, then use the GPS to follow tracks so you know you are in the same place.

Welcome and congrats on that sweet boat! GRIN

Welcome aboard & congrats-

Navionics on a smartphone is the easiest and best chartplotter for inland (lake/river) waterways.

Can even make a plan before heading to the water and use as guide.

Tides, currents & depth (usually mean low) built in.

May want to consider Keel Shield (I did) if 'exploration of new areas' is what you are doing (it is my preference, continuously).

Jacksonville, NC... i used to live there as well... You may want to reach out to @redthumper9 i know he lives in that part of NC.

@Bobby Cook ......that's my stomping grounds. Was in the New River Saturday (more toward Jacksonville in Northeast Creek) pulling the kids on the wakeboard. Weather permitting I'll be back in the river this Sunday. I'll put in in downtown J-ville and run to Sneads Ferry to hang at our usual sandbar where the New River meets the ICW. Please feel free to ask me any questions. We do a lot of boating there, in the Swansboro/Emerald Isle area, and all the way down to Wilmington.

BTW. When I was in the Northeast Creek last weekend, there were only three boats there.......all Yamaha's. Two SX210'S and me.

Last edited:
Back