• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not the #1 thing to discuss, butt lets disuss #2 on an FSH lol

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Seriously, has anyone put a head or toilet in their FSH? I'm talking about more than just the fancy 5 gallon bucket.

I'm thinking of cutting a large section of marine lumber to increase the one-level or horizontal floor area in the changing station (to cover the two drain plugs - more flat surface). Then, place a removable head on top of or directly to the marine lumber floor covering (5200, etc.).

If I could empty the bucket via removable plastic bag, occasionally I'd be able to lift the entire assembly (empty toilet with 5200 on marine lumber) out of the changing station and leave it at home if I wanted to, etc. It might also make a cool floating beer holder or a just a conversation piece to impress passing boaters haha!

So, has anyone gotten creative with any of this crap lol?

Also, please lets not get into a pissing contest here on who's is the best, etc. :)

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hmmmmm... don't have one and certainly don't have dimensions but sounds like a great idea! Would like one on my boat from time to time but we just utilize the bucket and a plastic bag. Next stop we find the garbage asap. Kids....

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought the FSH had a head compartment at the front of the steering console and owners just needed to install a head in it. Got and pics or drawings to help us visualize what you are thinking?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bill Smith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I use a nearly identical head from Westmarine. Never had to use it thankfully but it's nice when you're doing sandbar/bar hopping with a bunch of girls.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you screw it down, or is it just sitting in there?
Once the clean water storage tank is filled it is heavy enough to stay in place on its own. It has never moved from its designated spot including bouncing to Bimini.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Once the clean water storage tank is filled it is heavy enough to stay in place on its own. It has never moved from its designated spot including bouncing to Bimini.
It gets some pretty lousy reviews on Amazon.....I'm pondering one of these in the event we go to Bimini....

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It gets some pretty lousy reviews on Amazon.....I
I purchased ours in June 9th, 2013. It has served us well over four summers. That includes quite a bit of rough water. I have never used it but somehow always get to empty it. Our kids and even Rana will use it many times over the summer. Once friends kids know we have a toilet it seems to become a game to use it. So it gets emptied several times a summer. After emptying I place it on the edge of the driveway, spray it down with bleach then hose it down. I typically repeat that a few times. On reassembly I add a pack of bio-blue deodorant to the waste tank. The blue stuff completely illuminates the odor. No one has ever had a problem using it.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm pondering one of these in the event we go to Bimini....
Just a thought of you @Julian trying to use it while under way in 3ft seas made it laugh out loud. Thank you.
Pondering indeed.

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought we were fancy with our bucket top toilet seat lol! I couldn't own a boat without an outhouse now that we've had one.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just a thought of you @Julian trying to use it while under way in 3ft seas made it laugh out loud. Thank you.
Pondering indeed.
Wasn't thinking of using it during the crossing!!!!!!! More like when we spend the whole day out on the water exploring.....

On the crossing would be like crapping in a portapoti while its being rolled down hill!

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I added one in the console. Of course out of all the things I added I have no pics of the install. I did mount mine on a piece of plastic board which got mounted to two pieces of 2x4 that were mounted to the console floor.(Before it gets started the 2x4 was a trial before it gets changed this winter.) I mounted in this way because I felt the height was just too low for a comfortable sit down. The toilet came with the mounting brackets that got mounted to the board. A quick pull of the locking mechanism and the whole unit comes out for refilling the water tank and dumping the holding tank. This was a must have for the wifes comfort. I'll run and get a picture this weekend for this thread.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I never thought about mounting the toilet on a stand to raise it a little but there is not a lot of over head room in the compartment of a 240 even for me at 5'8" tall. Mine (a dometic from west marine) has been installed for years but has yet to see any solid waste, good. Still it is a nice thing to have on board and has extend many boating days for us. Here are a few pics of mine in and out of the boat. The only thing that makes it the Marie version are the three clips which hold it in place, which are sometimes sold separately for $20, on top of the $100 or so for the toilet itself.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I added one in the console. Of course out of all the things I added I have no pics of the install. I did mount mine on a piece of plastic board...

...The toilet came with the mounting brackets that got mounted to the board. A quick pull of the locking mechanism and the whole unit comes out for refilling the water tank and dumping the holding tank...
This is exactly what I had in mind. I know local West Marine carries a "Runabout" toilet and optional hold-down brackets. I want to install that type of product (with 5200 for example) onto a piece of marine lumber. I'd cut the marine lumber to match the shape of the floor in the changing compartment. That'd make a nice platform for the toilet and also cover the uneven floor area, where the two drains are installed in the recesses/uneven floor. In a pinch, I could lift the lumber/toilet up and still have access to those drain plugs, but not have an uneven floor. Could lift/cant-it sideways and remove the entire thing at home if desired (but would empty the toilet first - before removing the whole assembly from the changing compartment).

Kinda kill two birds with one stone.

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well after thinking about it, I went with the Luggable Loo. First thought about a porta potti but figured I would need to clean top and bottom when used. With the bucket cleanup is very minimal, plastic gargage bags and kitty litter. A second plus is weight. I am trying to keep as much weight off of the boat as it is a bit under powered in my opinion, especially with the larger Ttop. Third is price. Got it off Amazon for $17. Not that was a major factor though. I only plan to use in case of #2 emergency only especially for wifey and kids. Have not needed one the last 3 years, might never use it at all.

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I finally installed a WestMarine "Runabout" toilet and also bought the "not included" optional hold-down bracket kit. Turned out great, but no one's actually used it yet lol. IMO the brackets are a mandatory requirement for the floor and size in the FSH. Still need to buy the rubber floor pad that Jetfisher has, as displayed in his own pic above. I'll likely get a blue or a gray pad.