• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

NXT 20 MasterCraft

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Going to pick up my boat from Service today...
...they just got one of these NXTs in..
I'm going to go through the boat when I get there, to compare to my X30
I'll report back my Findings

image014.jpg image008.jpg image012.jpg image011.jpg image004.jpg image006.jpg image005.jpg image007.jpg image010.jpg image013.jpg image009.jpg image003.jpg

Do I need to trade in my condo to get it?

Do I need to trade in my condo to get it?

^^ Hope not...but base price on these is $50K
No trailer No Options...
I'll let you know the price of this as is when I return...
My Guess is $65 before discounts.

I'm am very Familiar with Yamaha Models and features.... I'll let you know a comparison as best I can,,,

that thing looks awesome, but I'm sort of scared to even ask what the price tag is

haha, you answered before I even asked ;)

well that's a lot less than I expected, i'm interested to hear your report

I know that MCs approach on this new Series "NXT" they are going after those who are on the fence about getting a TOW Boat, but might not want to drop $75k Plus on one.

@ $50-65k they may sway a 212X or 242LS (in the Yamaha Market) that is Looking for a TOW boat or MasterCraft.

Its bumming out (IMO) some MC folks that just dropped $75 + on a new X2...

I'm see for my self in a bit...

Interesting details.....I like the way that windshield cuts back like that, wonder if water comes over the rail there. I've splashed the sides pretty good while in a hard spin before. Knowing me I'd smack my head on the end of that windshield. :confused:

Can't imagine having black seats! OUCH!!!!! OW!!!! NFW

Looks cool though....practical...no.
^^ I hear ya Julian... lol
Mine have the Same BLACK trim points, but thats NOT what gets hot, the BROWN is what Gets hot on ours.
The BLACK part is this Strange fabric that vents/breaths....
I'll let you know if the NXT is the same.

On these boats, you can CHOOSE the Color of the Interior and Hull.....

GOPR1119.JPG

Interesting details.....I like the way that windshield cuts back like that, wonder if water comes over the rail there. I've splashed the sides pretty good while in a hard spin before. Knowing me I'd smack my head on the end of that windshield. :confused:
I was thinking the exact same thing. Wasn't sure if there are no side windows of just can't see in the pic. But it sure looks like no side windows and a very pointy corner to bang my head :banghead:

[we interrupt this post for a private message: Glassman do you have PM's blocked? Send me a PM with email or other way to contact you privately, thanks: we now return to regular posting...]

^^^^
We have this windshield Too, we would NOT have chosen it VS the Wrap around Stock version...but it was already there....
Now we love it and see why people order it...very easy to help around the dock, with midship Cleats and fenders etc....easy to talk to fallen riders...the Wind is NOT a factor.
If you travel in rough chop OFTEN with wind, get the Wrap around....for sure...
IMG_6957.jpg photo 3.JPG

@lashburn1 , I'm afraid that if I had a boat like that I would never get out of it. Does the driver seat have that hot stone massage feature?

I really like those boats. I know I would love to wakeboard/surf behind them. The thing that I just cannot figure out with the ski boats is why they don't have big nice swim platforms? For sure it would make getting in and out of wakeboards much easier, and as best I can tell the boats are aimed at the under 45yr old crowd which is known for hanging out and kicking a few back while floating down the river and resting. I just think big swim platforms would complete these boats.

The tabs on the back of the boat look like they are sticking out past the swim platform. Maybe that is just the angle?

The thing that I just cannot figure out with the ski boats is why they don't have big nice swim platforms? . I just think big swim platforms would complete these boats.

The tabs on the back of the boat look like they are sticking out past the swim platform. Maybe that is just the angle?
Most of the ski boats DO have big swim platforms. That first set of NXT pictures from the OP has the platform removed.

Ski boats pioneered the idea of a "swim platform". The difference is that they are removable.
attachment.php
attachment.php
GoffPhoto_1536.jpg

Last edited:
I really like those boats. I know I would love to wakeboard/surf behind them. The thing that I just cannot figure out with the ski boats is why they don't have big nice swim platforms? For sure it would make getting in and out of wakeboards much easier, and as best I can tell the boats are aimed at the under 45yr old crowd which is known for hanging out and kicking a few back while floating down the river and resting. I just think big swim platforms would complete these boats.

^^^ they were installing the Platform when I arrive, it is Plenty Big, the TABS are safely underneath on ALL MC boasts

Sweet. This has made it to my bucket list and it is exactly in line with what I want some day. How fast?

OK- I'm back from my visit to the dealer...Got my X-30 back from service too...

I went all through the NXT20 while I was there (they were installing the Swim Platform while I was in it.
I should note 1st-
-I have a 2013 X-30 Completely Loaded,
and
-I owned a Yamaha 2013 242LS (which is a loaded 240 from Yamaha)

They NXT20 they had (in above Photos) looks bigger in Person than its 20' spec (more freeboard)
Color Scheme was dark Gray hull, with Light Gray and white Top deck
Interior was White Carbon Seats with Black Seat backs. I have both Materials in My MC, and I have Vinyl Brown/Mocha.
- the Hottest Material in MY MC is the The Brown Vinyl. The Carbon and Black Material are some Hi Tech fabrics that do not hold heat from some reason..... I assume this Boats Colors would be fine.....
- The Trailer is an Option, this one had Tandem, Aluminum RiMs, and otherwise had the Features of my Top Shelf MC trailer...including a Matching Spare and Front step to Boat...Very Nice Trailer

_-This Boat had the Surf and Conv packages added, Surf Tabs, ballast, Fusion Radio, JL speakers, Swivel Surf and Board racks..
(Rack use the traditional Bungee system, quick release is NOT an option, bummer as we love ours)
- Tower is much nice than it Looks, very strong and Beefy, NO PLAY when I shook it very hard..
Tower Colapses REAR for Storge, but must be Towed UP... 2 easy to use, no tools require, Pins make this happen.

- Carpet Kit for Floor fit Nice, Like MY 242 and X30
- Seat bottoms were exactly like my X30, very nice, Seat Backs were thinner than my X30, Drive and Observer positrons Felt the Same as my X30..nice.

Seats all came in and out of the Positions with little or no hassle , all locked in Firm with no play in there position.
-Observer seat and Back open as a "GullWing with Dual Gas assisted struts, just like X30,.
-Storage for Boards and gear goes straight thru to Port bow seat. Decent room compared to my X30
- Bow Seating is wide due to Pickle design . X30 is Longer and has a bit more room. 4 kids or 2 Adults can sit up there...
- My 242 had room for 4 Adults in the Bow (IMO)
- Cockpit Seating Looked to be very comfortable for Drive plus 5 Adults. Nice Wrap around Couch style. Again the Seat backs are not as thick as an X series boat.

- Built in Form fitted IGLOO MARINE cooler in Starboard Bench, smaller than my X30 and No Built in Trash can. But nice for what it is.
- Port Bench and Bow seats are all Open for Storage.
ALL Compartments are Line with the Same Carpet treatment in my X30, all Decks and Hatches are Foam/core backed...together help to keep the boat Quiet under way....Hopefully like my X30

- Engine is a 5.7 Ilmore 320 HP. No options. But is the Same engine that comes in each of the current X2, X25, X14, x10, x30 models.
. I have an Ilmore 6.2 430hp in my X30 , it is very quiet at Crusing speeds 28-32 mph
- My 242LS was much louder in the conversation range of hearing, it is something we (my wife and I)both noticed the minute we got up to speed
-The MC boat wins the quiet factor for us hands down.

the 3 Hatches that Make up the rear sun pad open to More storage Port and Starboard and the Engine Bay in the Center.
- Storage bays are Carpeted completely here as Well. Hatches are Gas Strut assisted as well.
- Ballsat are Hard tanks down in the Hull they are basically in visible....

Glad to answer more question....I was the 1st customer to view the Boat, they have not Lake tested it Yet.

Inboards are not fast, most top out around 40 + or - depending on prop and HP, they are low geared tractors designed to pull heavy loads. The fastest I have heard of is a Tige Z3 with a 550 HP motor in it pushing 50, most are low 40's.

you guys really need to quit posting this stuff....I just paid off the AR and was hoping to be putting some of that extra $$ away!!!!

Inboards are not fast, most top out around 40 + or - depending on prop and HP, they are low geared tractors designed to pull heavy loads. The fastest I have heard of is a Tige Z3 with a 550 HP motor in it pushing 50, most are low 40's.

Thats correct Trace, as you well know by now.
We basically cruise at the Same speed as our 242LS - 25-35 depend on Water conditions and wallet$$

Most inboards Standard plants will do the trick fine., and offer little top end Gain.
But they will pull you and your crew at the same speed every time .

Back