• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

NXT 20 MasterCraft

you guys really need to quit posting this stuff....I just paid off the AR and was hoping to be putting some of that extra $$ away!!!!

I hear Ya Wood!
As a recent Yammie owner and fan of Jet boats, I figured I try to give a decent run down of what is considered a "Budget MC" by some...
...I detected NO CORNER CUTTING in the Build and Primary feature.
- You do give up Billit Aluminum and a Cool Tower, and slightly better Seats...other goodies to ?

But this is not a Cheap boat is I had wondered....

Great review Larry, especially from someone familiar with the MC's since you own one.

Thanks, its a bit pricy, but given the intended target...its probably on point for the $$.

@lashburn1 ,

Very curious - How would you compare the 20' $65k NXT to the 20' $75k X2?

X2 - Nicer Tower, Billit Aluminum/bling factor, and Clamping Board Racks, its sales will like drop off and X2 will be replaced or removed from the Xseries line up as it is getting dated..

Can't imagine having black seats! OUCH!!!!! OW!!!! NFW

Looks cool though....practical...no.

Just curious, but what makes you say it looks impractical? Looks pretty neat to me, although the corners of the seating arrangements sure do look squared off - particularly the corners at the rear of the boat.

I have very small sections of grey on my seats and warn my guests about them. In the NC sun, they get hotter than hell. I'm VERY happy that 90% of my seats are a plain white....don't look cool, but they feel cool!

Last week on the water all day without any shade and 90 degree sun beating on our white seats, even they got HOT. I can't imagine dark colored seats. I agree with Julian, they look neat, but are impractical for every day use in hot summer climates.

Last week on the water all day without any shade and 90 degree sun beating on our white seats, even they got HOT. I can't imagine dark colored seats. I agree with Julian, they look neat, but are impractical for every day use in hot summer climates.

You can order the seats whatever color you choose, you're not stuck with just white or black

Ah...I see, it's the dark colored seats that seem impractical! I was wondering if there was something about the layout that elicited that response. It does seem that the material makes about as much difference as the color. That said, given the material in my SX210, I'm glad the seats are white! One thing that looks very appealing about the NXT is that it would easily fit in my garage. My 210 fits also, but it's a bit of a process to get it pushed in. Another boat that turns out to be about the same price as the NXT (once the NXT is optioned a bit and put on a trailer) is the MB B5 21 footer. Pretty cool wake boat in its own right.

X2 - Nicer Tower, Billit Aluminum/bling factor, and Clamping Board Racks, its sales will like drop off and X2 will be replaced or removed from the Xseries line up as it is getting dated..

I do agree, the NXT will take sales away from the X2, but the X2 remains the superior boat - it's better equipped and 6" wider.
MC pushed that "$50k All Day" advertising - what bull shit. Nobody is getting 1 for $50k. It's more like $70k.
For that money - I'd take the x2 anytime, or a Ski Supreme s21.

I do agree, the NXT will take sales away from the X2, but the X2 remains the superior boat - it's better equipped and 6" wider.
MC pushed that "$50k All Day" advertising - what bull shit. Nobody is getting 1 for $50k. It's more like $70k.
For that money - I'd take the x2 anytime, or a Ski Supreme s21.

I agree on the $50k thing.....However, an NXT equipt to Trailer and Surf WILL be had for $60k..in the end
An X-2 which is most CERTAINLY on its way out after the 2015 year (MC applied for new X copyrights this year)...with a Surf Package is going to Be $75 with a trailer after Haggling....

Thats still $15k your playing with

I've been in Both X2 and NXT you can BARELY tell the Width diff inside....i can barely tell with My X-30..... the width is a Null argument after you have been in one..
It does make a different in the Garage though... and that may help Some on a tight fit...

For a Yammie owner looking to make the Leap to a Tow/Surf boat, this might be an option.... along with the AXIS20, MB's and a few other nice boats in the $50-60 k ranges.

Not cheap, but not $80k +

The MC dealer down the street just got one and has it listed at $78K with just standard options, nothing to fancy.

thats list...remember it's not a yammi, they will actually move the price....and most likely move it A LOT ;)

Looks like a nice ski boat if that is what you are after. With three little girls I 100%need a head on the boat.

Looks like a nice ski boat if that is what you are after. With three little girls I 100%need a head on the boat.

Ya, I said (thought) that too....when we bought our new 242LS last may. (2013)....
I have a Wife, and 3 girls.... Same as you...

I put a West Marine Head in it right away......

135 hrs later in August ...the head was not used ONE TIME!!!
Including a massive trip to lake Powell with no bathrooms in site on the Lake...

I'm probably in upper percent of people who spend a lot of time on a boat in a season.....
75 hrs this year,,,, Before May 30th....

Our X30 has no head and no room for one.....we don't miss it.

But I do understand everyone's situation is unique... As yours may be....

thats list...remember it's not a yammi, they will actually move the price....and most likely move it A LOT ;)
I don't know why people think Yamahas Boats only go for list?
We did not pay list for ours in May 2013 (2013 model year boat) and that was in Buying season....not blowout fall....
MCs negotiate for 20-25% off list
Yamaha only 5-7%

Both depend on time of year and dealer inventory. ( and ....Dealer)

not saying they don't, but 7 to 25 is a HUGE difference ;)

not saying they don't, but 7 to 25 is a HUGE difference ;)

Yup..... In fairness to the thread I don't think the NXT margins will allow much more that 15% off ?

In the end, a more fitting and Direct comp of a New 212X and a New NXT20 (fitted with a stereo and trailer)

Prices Are going to be
$48,500 list for the 212X
$62,000 list for the NXT20- with Surf, Trailer, and Stereo
Insert your haggling powers ...

Last edited:
Back