• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

OK, so be honest...(swim platform speakers)

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you like the way the speakers look on the back deck? We desperately wanted sound back there and putting them behind the seats was disappointing. I'm a "it should look factory" type of guy. Curious what you guys think.

Attachments

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks factory and like it packs a punch. Great job!

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Visually it looks good, but not sure how comfortable it will be for someone sitting there.

MNdrifter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think it looks better than the factory install.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I like the ones on the sides - but I'm not crazy about the large 6x9's. It does look factory - great job.

How's it sound? What's powering them?

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you like the way the speakers look on the back deck? We desperately wanted sound back there and putting them behind the seats was disappointing. I'm a "it should look factory" type of guy. Curious what you guys think.
Mission accomplished on the factory install look! Very nice. Why did you go with four speakers back there?

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback. We (my brother and I) wanted to put the 6x9's behind the seats, which we did. Sound was dissappointing so we thought maybe adding the small tweeters on the 2 corners would help, and it did. But the small tweeters sounded so good we couldn't help but imgine how good the 6x9's would sound of they were exposed too. Made all the difference in the world!

We added the ability to adjust the volume of the cabin speakers and or the transom speakers too for when we are riding or just beached. That's really nice for when we have a wake boarder and you want to crank it for the person boarding but don't want to make everyone in the cabin plug their ears. It's just 2 quick dials.

As far as comfor on your back when sitting on the speaker. It's not really bad at all. No one has said anything. Obviously a whole cushion would be better but doesn't seem to really bother anyone.

Thanks for the feedback, too late to turn back now!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great..same concerns about comfort...but if you say you are comfortable...thats all that matters! Got any photos and info on how you modified the cushions?
I'm the worst about taking photos along the way. Here a couple to give you an idea. Rather than screwing the speaker in, we used a bolt so it would pull into the cushion nicely. You'll see in the 2nd photo where w had the speaker behind the seat, now we have 2 big holes that I'm not too thrilled about. I wouldn't suggest behind the seat application leaves much to be desired. We also made the mistake of buying a Pyle 6x9, they sounded horrible. Threw the right in the trash.

Attachments

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We need a rating for "big balls" because it took a pair to start slicing into your seat cushions. Very nice job.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think they look great and I bet they sound great too. Nice job! What kind of power do you have behind them?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Putting one of those foam baffles around the speaker will absolutely reduce bass response. You're essentially taking a speaker that was designed to acoustic suspension and placing it in a small enclosure.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Putting one of those foam baffles around the speaker will absolutely reduce bass response. You're essentially taking a speaker that was designed to acoustic suspension and placing it in a small enclosure.
We only put it on the tweeter, no bass coming out of those.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why didn't you just opt for tower speakers?