• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

OnBoard Charger no workie.....ideas?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I noticed the last couple of weeks that me house battery has not been fully charged (I noticed this because my GPS wouldn't turn on). So I did a little more digging today and noticed that the lights on my Guest on board 10 amp dual bank charger are not on. I check every connection all the way up to it, and one of the batteries and the inline fuse to that battery, and all was well. I ran out of time to check the other battery connections...not sure if that would matter....

So I'm figuring my charger has gone to meet its maker..... @ChargerGuy or anyone....have any thoughts on this? Dead or other things to check?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to suggest the obvious, but... Have you tested the outlet into which you are plugged? I have spent many an hour trying to figure out why item X was not working, only to find out that the breaker was popped, the outlet was bad, etc.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The manual shows the following:

Problem:
Neither of the LED’s turn on when the AC power is applied.​

Cause:
    1. No AC power available at the charger
    2. Charger failure
Solution:
    1. Connect AC power or reset the AC breaker on the main panel
    2. Return charger to the Guest Service Dept.

So it looks like it is dead....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Bummer...keep us posted on the outcome @Julian . I know you guys that wet slip like the onboard chargers and for good reason. But even if I wet slipped, I would still have a PulseTech charger vs an onboard. I could easily mount the pulse tech inside the boat and only the external cord to plug it in. Hope Guest will get you going again quickly!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Its cheap enough that I'll just buy a new one. Its been running for 5 years....it has had a good life....($20/year).....

I think the primary benefit of the onboard ones is they are designed for wet/humid environment....