• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One engine running 4k rpms lower

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just found the link for ECU repair @jebwm in case you need it. www.cdidoctor.com I believe a couple of members used their service. I believe one was told his was unrepairable but the other member had good luck. If your problem proves to be ECU related it may be worth calling them.

jebwm

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Just thought I would give everyone an update. I did all the diagnosing I could without getting a YDS. I called the marina I bought it from and they told me to take it to their mechanic and they would work something out with me. As much as I hated to take it to somewhere when I knew I could figure it out and repair it myself, I figured if they are willing to help out at all I better follow their request. So turns out it was a bad ECU. Between the part, flushing the oil system out, replacing some plugs and labor, it's gonna be about $2000. Not exactly what I was hoping for after owning the boat for 2 days. HOWEVER, the owner of the marina stepped up and said he would make sure I didn't have to drop a dime to get the boat fixed. The previous owner knew something was up and they thought it just needed new plugs, but apparently they misdiagnosed it so he said I shouldn't be responsible for that and offered to step up and cover the full cost of repairs even if the previous owner wouldn't pay for it. HOW AMAZING IS THAT?! I was speechless. I should have the boat back this weekend. A positive ending to a possible nightmare for me. Thank you all again for your help through this! I've already learned so much more about my boat and the MR1 engine through all of this and I'm so glad we have resources like this to help each other out!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jebwm

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
That is an awesome outcome! Please post up where you are and the marina name! We love happy endings and kudos to that marina! Top notch!!!
I'm from the Rochester, NY area and the marina is Keuka Watersports in Hammondsport, NY.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's great...but.....you or they need need to ohm test all of those injectors or your shiny new ECU runs the risk of getting fried again.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm from the Rochester, NY area and the marina is Keuka Watersports in Hammondsport, NY.
That's great @jebwm. Was the guy a little embarrassed when you gave him a big man hug? Make sure you tell him you gave him a shout out on a 4600+ member jetboat forum.

jebwm

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
That's great...but.....you or they need need to ohm test all of those injectors or your shiny new ECU runs the risk of getting fried again.
Can I ask why? He mentioned checking injectors first before the ECU. What would go wrong with injectors that could fry the ECU?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's great news @jebwm glad to see that they're stepping up to make it right and I have to say that you seem to have handled this situation a lot better than most of us. Hopefully they can get it all fixed up ASAP.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can I ask why? He mentioned checking injectors first before the ECU. What would go wrong with injectors that could fry the ECU?
Apparently, a bad injector causes high resistance (electrical) in the ECU which causes the damage to the ECU.

Jeremiah

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do you test for a bad injector?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
upload_2018-7-6_10-42-27.png

bobbyc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there a good way to get to the fuel injector contacts to test resistance, without taking apart the fuel rail and removing the rest of the air box? I was able to disconnect the harness from the injector in cylinder 1, but the rest look too cluttered. And, I can't get my leads down to test the contacts on the fuel injector.... unless I build some sort of curved leads

Jeremiah

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Link for new injectors?