• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
1627853858282.jpeg
Great day out on Allatoona! Saw lots of new Yamahas on the water, took the boys water skiing near Kellog Creek and dropped anchor for swimming and lunch up Illinois Creek. Full boat with two families, but performance was great. Can’t wait for them to learn to wakesurf. With 8 in the boat we make a pretty nice curl for a 19.5’ boat.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Brad460 @drewkaree You guys missed it today at the EAA - big military day.

Started off with a C-130 Hercules and a pair of V22 Ospey’s.

View attachment 158873

Followed by a pair of F-15 Eagles and an F-16 that performed for about an hour - my pics kinda stink.

View attachment 158874

It was an awesome display of power - god bless those that protect our freedom.
I know, I heard about what they were going to have at the show today, if I had known earlier, we'd have planned Saturday a bit better. As it was, we were pretty wiped out and would have had to pre-pack to head back home on Saturday, and that just wasn't gonna happen after a full day of bad influences by our neighbors. That's our story, and we're sticking to it!

The neighbor (Mr Luigi's pizza) who originally got everyone looking forward to the air show bailed on Saturday due to the weather outlook, and changed their plans to Sunday.

Somehow, I need to add 36 hours to the weekend to fit everything in.

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

bigsapper

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for that link! Good info.

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Headed back from some tubing on the Great South Bay. snagged a buoy for a trap and dragged it for a bit before freeing it from under the boat. Fortunately nothing sucking into the impeller. Overall a nice day off the south shore of Long Island.

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
View attachment 158900
Great day out on Allatoona! Saw lots of new Yamahas on the water, took the boys water skiing near Kellog Creek and dropped anchor for swimming and lunch up Illinois Creek. Full boat with two families, but performance was great. Can’t wait for them to learn to wakesurf. With 8 in the boat we make a pretty nice curl for a 19.5’ boat.
I like the rear view mirror location. I'll have to try it. I don't use that one that came with the boat, but a good backup.

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love the tinted windows. (and the boat) What percentage of tint did you go with? Looks perfect
I did 20%.. If I could do it over I think I would go 35%.. Dark sunglasses + 20% is just a tad below where I feel comfortable with other skiers around.. I don’t want to miss anything.. I keep a hat around if needed..

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A few Yamahas at Browns Inlet, NC
20210801_125449.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I did 20%.. If I could do it over I think I would go 35%.. Dark sunglasses + 20% is just a tad below where I feel comfortable with other skiers around.. I don’t want to miss anything.. I keep a hat around if needed..
Awesome. So the percentage reflects how much light is let in, not blocked?

meegwell

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
All you need is to fill up the transom ballast bag, a few people in the boat with the Yamaha booster and my whole family can wake surf ropeless almost endlessly - i'm sure a dedicated wakeboat is better, but no one is complaing on our boat.
On that pic - my son gets on the non-wake side just to hang out while his sisters wake surf, and he can get on and off the platform while the boat is moving. Good times.
Curious - are the girls doing a typical launch from 0mph in water feet on board sideways?

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
D8E2BE4E-A155-4C43-B0BF-7209D062AAD0.jpegThe day has finally come!! After the drive shaft breaking in April, and some of the parts showing back ordered until November, I figured no boat for us this year, even put a deposit down on a couple rentals later this month for for family/friends coming to town. Got a call this morning, thought it was for my motorcycle I dropped off last week to get the forks rebuilt, SURPRISE!!! it was my boat dealer with a fixed up boat. Took her for a quick lap in the sound, ran great. Took some vacation time tomorrow and Friday to get out on the water! AC-130 gunship waiting to takeoff as I was doing my quick test drive.

88A8A084-75FA-4F62-90EC-24DB390B70C1.jpeg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This was our last outing on our Yamaha. We both took the helm for one last time today. I must admit it choked me up, and I saw tears from my wife. After I let the buyer take the helm, it was a done deal. Sweet Waters is on her way to Long Island right now.

20210804_133901.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
This was our last outing on our Yamaha. We both took the helm for one last time today. I must admit it choked me up, and I saw tears from my wife. After I let the buyer take the helm, it was a done deal. Sweet Waters is on her way to Long Island right now.

View attachment 159184
Sorry to hear that...That must mean you have a 275 on order! 🤑