• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

One picture of your last outing.

I appreciate it! It’s our main place we go to every summer. I’ll shoot you a message
Sounds good, we are traditionally there every weekend, minus the week of the 4th of july. We spend the week up in Ticonderoga

It has been absurdly hot here lately. So we made sure to go out in the evening. It has become my favorite time to go out. Aside from some idiots running around on skis in the dark and zipping around in the no wake zone it was an awesome time. When I finally caught up to those clowns at the dock I politely let them know just how stupid they were being. They were generally clueless anyways and I doubt any of what I said was comprehended.
20240622_205742.jpg20240622_205536.jpg20240622_205526.jpg20240622_182151.jpg

IMG_5751.jpeg
IMG_5754.jpeg
Heat advisory today due to 97 degree air temp and feels like of 110 degrees due to the lovely Midwest humidity. Water temp of 84.5 degrees though so we stayed cool. Our youngest is really starting to get used to the water and loves the sunchill, which makes life easier!

IMG_5763.jpeg
IMG_5764.jpeg
Out on our home lake again today, with no kids, thanks daycare! Just pulled into the cove when we had a pontoon waving us over like they knew us. Got closer and noticed the engine cover was off the outboard. Couldn’t get their engine started so we towed them about a quarter mile to the south ramp. The man wanted to pay us, but told him no because we hope someone would do the same for us! This tow marks the third time pulling someone to a dock on our home lake.

Two notable things in our last outing. Was tubing and ran into unexpected shallow water. We went from 50 ft to 3 ft pretty fast. The waster turned muddy. So glad we didn't get stuck or sucked up some debris. I also left my hat in the transom seats, and didn't realize. Found it after about 30 minutes of cruising. That goes to show you how poor air circulates back there.

20240623_155517.jpg

Attachments

• 1719836029476.png
    1719836029476.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
Are we all just going to ignore this?

There's another thread with his rationale. That pic doesn't jive 100% with what was stated in that thread, but there's plenty of info out there as to why this is wrong, and he's definitely aware of the dangers and legalities of allowing riders back there. I disagree with the rationale, you may disagree with the rationale, the Yamaha owner's manual most definitely disagrees with the rationale. What else do you propose, as you seem to have stopped short of fleshing out your statement.

Are we all just going to ignore this?
Probably. Is it safe or recommended? No. Have I done it for a short jaunt? Yes. 100% aware of the risk but a few (myself included) do it occasionally. You can smell it if the exhaust starts to swirl and I NEVER let kids do it. Adults do so at their own risk and I tell everyone on the boat what the hazard is. Won't let anyone do it underway at speed but if we are going a couple hundred yards to reset our parking position then I don't really care.

Probably. Is it safe or recommended? No. Have I done it for a short jaunt? Yes. 100% aware of the risk but a few (myself included) do it occasionally. You can smell it if the exhaust starts to swirl and I NEVER let kids do it. Adults do so at their own risk and I tell everyone on the boat what the hazard is. Won't let anyone do it underway at speed but if we are going a couple hundred yards to reset our parking position then I don't really care.
You can smell exhaust. You cant smell carbon monoxide, they are not the same even though they both exit the tailpipe together

Back