• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm only gonna speak for myself but there's no way I'm letting anyone sit back there with the engines on, idle, no wake, low wake - no way.

EDIT: I shouldn't have replied in this thread about this topic - I fear it will get hijacked.......

Last edited:

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
There's another thread with his rationale. That pic doesn't jive 100% with what was stated in that thread, but there's plenty of info out there as to why this is wrong, and he's definitely aware of the dangers and legalities of allowing riders back there. I disagree with the rationale, you may disagree with the rationale, the Yamaha owner's manual most definitely disagrees with the rationale. What else do you propose, as you seem to have stopped short of fleshing out your statement.
I hate being the fun police, and also beating this topic like a dead horse. But for those that aren't aware of the dangers, I like to at least inform them of what could happen, just in case they really don't know.
I'm nuts about this on my own boat. Everyone wants those seats, I tell them hell no and sit somewhere else. Then they all pile into the bow and I have to ask some come come to the boat to balance the load.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I'm only gonna speak for myself but there's no way I'm letting anyone sit back there with the engines on, idle, no wake, low wake - no way.

EDIT: I shouldn't have replied in this thread about this topic - I fear it will get hijacked.......
Yea, I didn't mean to jack the thread and take the fun out of these cool pics... Please resume everyone, I love seeing everyone else's scenery.

Acard7

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_5775.jpeg
Coved out last Saturday. Battled a 15-20mph north wind at the boat ramp, more used to the south wind so that was fun, but was still a good day. My mother wanted to join us. 83 degrees air temp and the water was 84. We’ve had a cool down and some storms, yesterday and today only 75 degrees with some rain. More rain tomorrow with possible severe weather, feel we are in a never ending weird rainy pattern.

Last edited:

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are we all just going to ignore this?
If the fish are biting then I will jump back there to grab the rod!!

And yes, none of our business what other adults do to themselves. It used to be called natural selection and we need more of it.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Rode to lunch on the Waverunners with my wife. It was so hot I forgot to take pics but here is one where the Rio Vista Bridge is up, it’s very rare for me to pass under a bridge that is up.IMG_6179.jpeg

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Ignore what? You going to call me out for letting people sit on the swim deck? If so I’m going to ignore it.
Hey man, it's your rig... You do you. But at the end of the day, you ARE the captain of that vessel, and everyone's safety while on board is your responsibility.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a a pic of part of a video I took on my last outing with a 360 camera my son gave me. I will post a video once I download the correct editing software to stitch the two images together and choose the points of view I want to publish. IMG_6187.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As usual, I'm going to violate the "one picture" recommendation...

Great Blue Herons are just crazy looking...

View attachment 222912

Look at those claws and eyes. Glad I'm not a fish...

View attachment 222913

View attachment 222914
I may have asked or someone else may have asked, what camera are you using to take these amazing photos?

I watch the Ospreys fish throughout the day when I’m on the lake…they do not come up empty clawed very often.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Big heavy sigh.IMG_1355.jpeg

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
It’s official, I’m now a marina resident. She sits on a cradle now. No more 60 mile trailering trips for me!! I work right down the road from there too, so that will make it that much more useful
IMG_3318.jpegIMG_3315.jpegIMG_3313.jpeg

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I may have asked or someone else may have asked, what camera are you using to take these amazing photos?

I watch the Ospreys fish throughout the day when I’m on the lake…they do not come up empty clawed very often.
Osprey are amazing hunting and killing machines. I'm amazed at the size of the fish they'll come up out of the water with. Crazy strong wings.

My camera is a Canon R6. My main lens is a Canon RF 200-800mm beast. I shoot in RAW, which means each picture is a huge file with tons of data but very flat looking colors. Then I edit in LightRoom to pull out the right colors so the picture looks like what we were seeing live.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There’s no feeling quite like putting 25-30 gallons of diesel in your truck while simultaneously putting 60+ gallons of premium in the boat.
How about...getting punched really hard in the gut by the gorgeous girl you're going to score with later...totally worth it in the long run.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It’s official, I’m now a marina resident. She sits on a cradle now. No more 60 mile trailering trips for me!! I work right down the road from there too, so that will make it that much more useful
Good call - if I had to trailer my boat 60 miles each time it would never get any use. I have a similar marina situation but my boat stays on it's trailer inside of a warehouse and I launch/recover in a private boat ramp that is about 50 yards from the warehouse. I like that I control when it's in/out, can work on it out of the elements, have electrical service for charging the batteries, and there is a gas station less than a half mile away so we save at least a buck a gallon when filling up.