• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a WINNER!

--
Aloha @swatski I crack up at my look in this pic. We had just launched the AR in the water, and I was circling around to pickup the boys on the pier. That’s Kekaha Harbor on Kauai, I really wish the pic captured the 4-5’ swell at the mouth of the inlet that day in the back ground. But it must’ve just been taken in between the sets, it’s a shallow channel and it was breaking and closing out that day. There’s shallow reefs on either side too, so boats normally need to shoot straight out for at least a quarter mile before turning left or right. So u normally see boats hovering near the mouth timing it between sets then gunning it straight out, and pray they get far enough out before the sets roll in. But because of our Yamaha’s shallow draft and speed. I cut across as soon as I leave the mouth over the shallow reef wide open throttle, and run away from the breaking sets. It’s a sight and challenge to leave this harbor. Just wanted to share that.🤙🏽

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Aloha @swatski I crack up at my look in this pic. We had just launched the AR in the water, and I was circling around to pickup the boys on the pier. That’s Kekaha Harbor on Kauai, I really wish the pic captured the 4-5’ swell at the mouth of the inlet that day in the back ground. But it must’ve just been taken in between the sets, it’s a shallow channel and it was breaking and closing out that day. There’s shallow reefs on either side too, so boats normally need to shoot straight out for at least a quarter mile before turning left or right. So u normally see boats hovering near the mouth timing it between sets then gunning it straight out, and pray they get far enough out before the sets roll in. But because of our Yamaha’s shallow draft and speed. I cut across as soon as I leave the mouth over the shallow reef wide open throttle, and run away from the breaking sets. It’s a sight and challenge to leave this harbor. Just wanted to share that.🤙🏽
I noticed the small opening with the waves breaking back there. That must be challenging. Sounds like you got it handled. Have you seen other boats not so lucky?

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed the small opening with the waves breaking back there. That must be challenging. Sounds like you got it handled. Have you seen other boats not so lucky?
Aloha @Dean P and yes it is challenging. I personally have seen boats get in very hairy situations. The kind that makes u go “OH S_ _T”, but they pull it off. BUT I’ve heard of boats rolling in the channel, other boats running aground trying to cut across the shallow reefs to early on the insides. This Harbor is famous for being scary on big South swell days. A lot of boaters will launch out of Port Allen Harbor 15miles away just to avoid having to deal with it.🤙🏽

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Aloha @Dean P and yes it is challenging. I personally have seen boats get in very hairy situations. The kind that makes u go “OH S_ _T”, but they pull it off. BUT I’ve heard of boats rolling in the channel, other boats running aground trying to cut across the shallow reefs to early on the insides. This Harbor is famous for being scary on big South swell days. A lot of boaters will launch out of Port Allen Harbor 15miles away just to avoid having to deal with it.🤙🏽
Aloha! Went to Maui and Waikiki back in 1990 (honeymoon). Loved it. You are truly in Paradise. Your pictures are gorgeous, please keep sharing.

I've seen videos (youtube) of boating mishaps with a small inlet with waves crashing; very scary stuff. Just wondering if you did too. Thanks for commenting.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
2C200653-4E63-4FD6-9399-42174CB55E2F.jpeg

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Finally on the water and at her summer home, Jersey shore.
Bit chilly going upwind, but who cares

Attachments

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
55 degree water, 65 degree air. Forgot my booties so my feet got cold. Otherwise I was fine.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 92925

Stump Pass Beach, Englewood, FL

Btw, that’s my 2.5 lb Mantus anchor out back holding two boats.
Boat looks great however I probably would advise against pulling the stern in so close to the shore like that. One decent set of rollers come by and your articulating rudder will bang into the sand and can break off. It's happened to a few people on here. I would have put the Mantis anchor off the bow instead of the stern.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Not as warm as it looks, about 66 degrees is all. Windy, lost my hat, my flag off the antenna, and the VHF cover I forgot to take off before trailering an hour...lessons learned!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Oh, you have more lessons coming!
Like...don't run over a rope, don't forget to put the clean out plugs in, don't forget the bilge drain plug, don't forget the keys at home...

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is that Lake Geneva?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
View attachment 93534

Not as warm as it looks, about 66 degrees is all. Windy, lost my hat, my flag off the antenna, and the VHF cover I forgot to take off before trailering an hour...lessons learned!
More lessons to come. just don't push too hard to find them. It does look rough and windy. Too windy by the looks of your daughters right arm. 😱

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA