• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

A little late but we spent last Saturday on Lake Partridge and then stayed overnight in Fremont WI which is always a great time. Met up with @drewkaree and his better half Saturday night and spent some time on the River Deck and at the Buss Stop. The trip down the river on Sunday was nice and relaxing and we were off the water at 1:30pm.

Heading through the cut to access the Wolf River from Lake Poygan.
IMG_3659.jpeg

The sandbar on Lake Partridge:
IMG_3660.jpeg

View of the Bridge Bar and the River Deck looking south from our slip:
IMG_3662.jpeg

View of The Boat House bar and Hotel Fremont looking north from our slip:
IMG_3664.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3660.jpeg
    IMG_3660.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3662.jpeg
    IMG_3662.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3664.jpeg
    IMG_3664.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
I just took my brother and his family out for some weekday tubing and had a great time. The back story of how we eventually got there is a comedy of errors:

1. I couldn’t get the engines started in the driveway before we left in the morning. Two warnings were displayed. 1. Low aux voltage. 2. Low fuel.
I started the boat soon after I took it out of the water last weekend.

2. I thought it was a battery issue since the same alarm came on the last time I used the boat and it did not clear after I had the batteries on a charger maintainer for over a week. My solution was to buy three replacement batteries (1 start and 2 house). This caused the low voltage warning to disappear but not the low fuel (of course).

3. I still couldn’t get either engine to start even after replacing all of the batteries with new ones. As it turned out I was out of fuel not low on it, at least that is what the boat thought when it was facing down my driveway (the pumps were out of the remaining fuel in the tank). The solution was simple, fill the tank, it took just over 52 gallons. Once fueled up both engines started and ran perfectly.

All told from problem identification to solution implementation was about one hour and roughly $600 ($350 for Walmart batteries and $250 for gas at $5 per gallon). IMG_5453.jpeg

Last edited:
A little late but we spent last Saturday on Lake Partridge and then stayed overnight in Fremont WI which is always a great time. Met up with @drewkaree and his better half Saturday night and spent some time on the River Deck and at the Buss Stop. The trip down the river on Sunday was nice and relaxing and we were off the water at 1:30pm.

Heading through the cut to access the Wolf River from Lake Poygan.
View attachment 224303

The sandbar on Lake Partridge:
View attachment 224305

View of the Bridge Bar and the River Deck looking south from our slip:
View attachment 224307

View of The Boat House bar and Hotel Fremont looking north from our slip:
View attachment 224309
looks like a cool spot..
so wiki says partridge lake is only 4' deep?
where do the house boats come from?

looks like a cool spot..
so wiki says partridge lake is only 4' deep?
where do the house boats come from?

Anchor Point Marina down the river. They've got rentals going out all the time, and they really don't draft all that much, in addition to them not really moving all that fast. In the area Dan's pic is from, that spot is usually a bit shallower, so the houseboats are often on the outskirts for a bit deeper water (like 5'-ish). With all the rain we've been having, the whole area has been about a foot over normal, and it's finally starting to come down. In the next 2-3 weeks it'll probably be back to typical depths as long as it stays dry.

Back