• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ordered these, they ROCK <Sentry Fender>

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Agree. I picked them up middle of the summer after trying a number of "quick" fenders and attachment methods. These are very nice. Easy for someone with no experience to hang wherever needed.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just checked out the video and they are pretty neat!!
But $75 bucks for a piece of foam?!
Hard to justify.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've been selling them non-stop all summer with zero complaints so far. We're even using them on our shop boats in the water, they don't scratch the gel at all, look good, and are super easy to take on and off. Despite the price I HIGHLY recommend them!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool idea aside from the price.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Definitely will be keeping on eye on this around black Friday. Just need one for my rear cleat. Could have avoided my first scratches. I had a fender tied on but it was too low once the waves came.

A55F565B-2550-43C0-AB6D-CB4D93ED4692.jpeg

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been selling them non-stop all summer with zero complaints so far. We're even using them on our shop boats in the water, they don't scratch the gel at all, look good, and are super easy to take on and off. Despite the price I HIGHLY recommend them!
Thank you, I've been looking for something like that for a while! I have aftermarket bumper locks that work great in most situations but Yamaha JB tail is so low, with some docks I get very stressed out. Those would be perfect for protecting the stern. I ordered two, will post some feedback.

--

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man, you guys are good at spending my money!

I’m interested to see what the mechanism that locks the rope looks like. Is it just a cam-buckle?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, you guys are good at spending my money!

I’m interested to see what the mechanism that locks the rope looks like. Is it just a cam-buckle?
Amazon has a little vid, and it looks like there is some kind of proprietary friction lock - if you blow up the pics.
I'll post pics when I get mine, but this is definitely the best system I'd seen so far that would work for the low stern. I've been trying different thing s for a while, hope this is it.

--

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Amazon has a little vid, and it looks like there is some kind of proprietary friction lock - if you blow up the pics.
I'll post pics when I get mine, but this is definitely the best system I'd seen so far that would work for the low stern. I've been trying different thing s for a while, hope this is it.

--
Yeah I've been looking at these specifically for the yamaha stern cleat - looking forward to some pics of its use in that location.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

--
I'll be interested in those pics as well.

I'm really intrigued by the idea of putting them on the dock instead of on the boat. Why try to attach to the thing that's moving and maybe hit the right spot, when you can put them on the thing that is stationary, and then it doesn't matter what part fo the boat hits it, it's protected.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a member review from @wallacerb of the fenders on his youtube channel.

They seem nice. At one point I considered the contoured fenders but after someone made the point that they don't roll with the boat as it moves forward and back which can lead to chafing I quickly changed my mind.

I'm still not sure I spend enough time docked or tied up to others to justify the purchases yet...

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here's a member review from @wallacerb of the center's on his youtube channel.

They seem nice. At one point I considered the contoured fenders but after someone made the point that they don't roll with the boat as it moves forward and back which can lead to chafing I quickly changed my mind.

I'm still not sure I spend enough time docked or tied up to others to justify the purchases yet...
That is an interesting fender....not sure I like the way it works for the middle positions....i'd prefer something that rolled, but for the stern cleat it does look like a good solution!

On Amazon: Mission Boat Gear Sentry Fender

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks perfect for the stern, might grab one if there's a sale for that. I added fender locks to my boat, so easy to get nice protection from the dock in most situations.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks perfect for the stern, might grab one if there's a sale for that. I added fender locks to my boat, so easy to get nice protection from the dock in most situations.
What are fender locks? I googled, but I'm more confused than before I started.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What are fender locks? I googled, but I'm more confused than before I started.
They are small brackets that you install on the hull, and then you can hang fenders from them. These are the TACO versions, pricey but very good quality - can deploy all four fenders very quickly.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have locks and those work great in most situations, but in some docks the stern/tail is difficult to protect because it’s so low.
Hope these mission gear fenders will work there.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If they send me a couple, I'll happily make a video for them too. But I have a feeling the 5 subscribers on my youtube channel may not be all that enticing to them.

Considering how much it will cost to repair scratches (likes the ones I showed above), I'm sure a purchase will be well worth it. Definitely going on the Christmas list and/or Black Friday Sale watchlist. I will have at least one of these for use in the rear by next season.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have locks and those work great in most situations, but in some docks the stern/tail is difficult to protect because it’s so low.
Hope these mission gear fenders will work there.

Yep, and the pass through hole is brilliant especially for the stern. I'm in for at least one, really only ever need one side of the stern protected for me - no three-sided enclosed docking.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So - I got my bumpers and tested them on the boat last night. I like them!

Locking mechanism - works pretty well, easy to adjust, built quality is good so hopefully it will last.
The bumpers are exactly what @wallacerb showed.
upload_2018-10-10_14-49-9.png
upload_2018-10-10_14-52-7.png

I got two and those will be perfect for the stern.
Not sure I would use those for the "mid-ship" (and I already have clip-hangers there anyway) as the tie-downs are a bit flimsy. But - for the stern - those are great! The cutouts for the cleats are not perfect but pretty darned close.
These bumpers can protect the (low) stern like nothing else I know!
upload_2018-10-10_15-10-26.png
upload_2018-10-10_15-10-35.png

--