• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Performance East and East Carolina Powersports in NC

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I wanted to give an overdue shout out to the guys at Performance East in Goldsboro, NC and East Carolina Powersports in Greenville, NC. I have purchased several ATV'S and my current 2010 AR240 from them. Every transaction was met with down home hospitality (those from the south will understand this) and professionalism. They actually WANT to sell you something and do their best to go the extra mile to keep you happy. I have only had two service issues arise. One was several years ago when I had my SX210. It was still under YES warranty when I bought the boat (didn't purchase from them). The horn didn't work, the grab strap on the swim platform was broken and the interior cushions were stained from underneath by mold/mildew. They sent me a new horn and grab handle sight unseen, and although they couldn't get Yamaha to warranty the cushions, they did go to bat for me and got Yamaha to agree on paying for half of them. The other was last year when I had the infamous oil cooler bolts sheared off. The service manager Matt, took the time to research online and easily got Yamaha to warranty both coolers for replacement. I got to spend some time with the owners on the sandbar this weekend and had a great time talking about the new boats. They had a 190 FSH and a 2015 AR240 that they let me crawl all over. I spoke to them about the forum and they mentioned....."the other site". I said no, no, no and explained that the this site was the new one that all the true enthusiasts were a part of. I'll be sending them the links here and hopefully getting them to join, but until then, if you are in NC or anywhere close and you are interested in a Yamaha, give me a shout and I can get you in direct contact with the owners.

Best Wishes,

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Good to know....I'm working my way towards a new boat in the next year or two, and I was not enthusiastic about Chatlee's approach when I took my boat there for service - and eventually went and got it and did it myself (trying to save time ended up wasting more).

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes @Julian ......that 242x is calling your name! They told me that they had one on order, and it was just for you:winkingthumbsup". In all seriousness though, give them a shot when the time comes. They had someone at Amelia Island and I mentioned that since this forum was the shizzzz, mother Yamaha had invited a couple of our members to come demo the new boats before the release. Personally this weekend was the first time I've been up close to a 2015, and like a high school crush, I can't get it off of my mind!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
During all my boat searching, I found quite often they had the lowest advertised price on several different boats. Again when I was jet ski shopping, they had great prices. But, I emailed twice through the website, and never got so much as a phone call or email reply. Certainly don't hold it against em, it seems pretty common in this market, but they probably lost 2 sales right here. And actually 3, because my next ski I'm picking up in the next month or so will likely come from Brewer again up in Henderson.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wanted to give an overdue shout out to the guys at Performance East in Goldsboro, NC and East Carolina Powersports in Greenville, NC. I have purchased several ATV'S and my current 2010 AR240 from them. Every transaction was met with down home hospitality (those from the south will understand this) and professionalism. They actually WANT to sell you something and do their best to go the extra mile to keep you happy. I have only had two service issues arise. One was several years ago when I had my SX210. It was still under YES warranty when I bought the boat (didn't purchase from them). The horn didn't work, the grab strap on the swim platform was broken and the interior cushions were stained from underneath by mold/mildew. They sent me a new horn and grab handle sight unseen, and although they couldn't get Yamaha to warranty the cushions, they did go to bat for me and got Yamaha to agree on paying for half of them. The other was last year when I had the infamous oil cooler bolts sheared off. The service manager Matt, took the time to research online and easily got Yamaha to warranty both coolers for replacement. I got to spend some time with the owners on the sandbar this weekend and had a great time talking about the new boats. They had a 190 FSH and a 2015 AR240 that they let me crawl all over. I spoke to them about the forum and they mentioned....."the other site". I said no, no, no and explained that the this site was the new one that all the true enthusiasts were a part of. I'll be sending them the links here and hopefully getting them to join, but until then, if you are in NC or anywhere close and you are interested in a Yamaha, give me a shout and I can get you in direct contact with the owners.

Best Wishes,

Jason
Was this the 240 they have all decked out? Just asking they were trying to sell it to me over the phone lol! I dont recall all the upgrade but there was a ton of them if it is it.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@robert843 .....if you are referring to mine, I doubt it. Mine was pretty much stock when I bought it. When were you talking to them? I know they have the 2015 AR240 that they used themselves this past summer coming up for sale soon, but I'm not aware of any upgrades it had.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 .....if you are referring to mine, I doubt it. Mine was pretty much stock when I bought it. When were you talking to them? I know they have the 2015 AR240 that they used themselves this past summer coming up for sale soon, but I'm not aware of any upgrades it had.
Yes I was talking about the one they used all summer. They told me they had like $4000 worth of upgrades on it.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@robert843 .....it may have......I was more paying attention to the layout since I had never been in a 15 model. I remember seeing a really nice SIMRAD chartplotter and tinted windows. It's a beautiful boat and I'm going to be completely jealous if you get it. Deep down I was wishing the wife would let me spring for it, but she wants a swimming pool. Do you know who you were speaking to?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 .....it may have......I was more paying attention to the layout since I had never been in a 15 model. I remember seeing a really nice SIMRAD chartplotter and tinted windows. It's a beautiful boat and I'm going to be completely jealous if you get it. Deep down I was wishing the wife would let me spring for it, but she wants a swimming pool. Do you know who you were speaking to?
No I do not recall who but I do recall it had a Simrad after you said it. I wont be getting it as we could not agree on a price they wanted $50,000 for it and I had quotes on new ones at $47,000. I wound up buying a 2011 sx240 for the time being but I paid 23,000 for one with 67 hours and 8 months still left on the YES warranty so even as bad as I wanted a new one I couldn't turn that deal down.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sorry they wanted $51,000 for it I offered $49,000 and they wouldn't take it.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Dang....when I see them next time, I'll give them hell about it. If you give them a shot next time, let me know. Regardless ....that's a smoking deal on the 2011 so you can't be too disappointed.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dang....when I see them next time, I'll give them hell about it. If you give them a shot next time, let me know. Regardless ....that's a smoking deal on the 2011 so you can't be too disappointed.
They were really nice guys I will give them a shot at the next deal.