• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picked up new boat a day early

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20170531_162237.jpg 20170531_162242.jpg 20170531_162249.jpg picked her up a day early but didn't get any pictures at the dealer. I was to concerned about checking out the entire boat. It went straight from the dealer to my detailers shop and these were the only pictures I took so far. I will have her back Saturday after the ceramic pro sealer is finished. Will take a bunch of pictures when she's complete. Until then, stay safe and have fun!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!

This is the 2nd time in a week I've read about some sort of (expensive?) sealer? I gather this is worth doing and isn't like the "truecoat" from the movie "Fargo"? :) What can you tell us about the Ceramic Pro Sealer?

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's a liquid nano-ceramic coating. When cured, it becomes a rigid, flexible super-slick glass shield, bonding to and protecting the substrate. Ive talk to 2 Baja boat owners that had it done a year ago and swear by it. Once we took their boat out of the water to hose it off, there wasn't a speck of salt or spots left on the boat when air dried. The water beaded up and just rolled off and he just used straight water for about 5 minutes. It has a 1 year warranty in water and 3 years above. This guy is a clean freak by the way and when he told me that he hasn't waxed in a year i couldn't believe it. Regaurdless, i got it for half the price because the boat was brand new. So i could of paid the same price for wax or this ($15/ft) so i opted for this. Only difference is it takes longer because of cure times. I will take lots of pictures when i get her home Saterday .

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice color combo! Congrats on the new boat :thumbsup:

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure that the best sealer in the world could protect your bow from that terrible bow roller that comes with our boats ? I would highly recommend you replace that thing SOON with a Stoltz or something softer than that hard plastic OE roller. Mine was scratched after the first trailering and launch. Stoltz 4" is much higher quality.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure that the best sealer in the world could protect your bow from that terrible bow roller that comes with our boats ? I would highly recommend you replace that thing SOON with a Stoltz or something softer than that hard plastic OE roller. Mine was scratched after the first trailering and launch. Stoltz 4" is much higher quality.
Thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely replace that asap

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Beautiful boat and a good bow roller on the trailer will help you keep it that way. Enjoy !!!

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about the bow stops next to the roller? Change that out as well or just the roller?

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I only changed the roller itself. The Stoltz is slightly wider (maybe 1/8") than the OE and may require a little bending in the opening for it to roll freely ? I spread my out by using a 4x4 block of wood and a rubber mallet hammer.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They come as a 3 piece set. Roller in the middle and 2 outside pieces along with bolt , washers, and nylon insert nut.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
for whatever reason the bolt that came with my Stoltz roller was too short. I believe it was a 5" bolt. I went to lowes, found the same bolt in different sizes and picked up the 8" version, works well!

Emilio22

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
she's a beauty. funny how most dealers don't take the inventory sticker off the boats.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, really excited to officially bring her home Saturday.

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Really nice!!! Congrats as well. I replaced my stock roller with a Stoltz also after noticing scuff marks after just a few launches. One of the very first things anyone should do after buying a new boat. The stock Shorelander rollers are garbage.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Craig Mahnke have you named her yet?
Walking around NOLA today and saw a beach towel that had a funny saying I thought would be great for anyone that boats near the coast.

"Beach, please"

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20170603_124323.jpg
Just when you were hoping to pick up your new boat the detailer tells you he ran out of ceramic pro. I'm so bummed right now but on the bright side, at least he was honest and didn't try to finish the job with other products. I have so much to do to get the boat ready for the water. It literally went from the dealer straight to the detailer. I feel like I didn't even buy it except my wallet says otherwise

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
nice boat. I got mine Friday and have been modding it all weekend....next weekend can't get here soon enough so we can go out and play. now if the weather will just cooperate (there's suppose to be a cold front coming through)

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
nice boat. I got mine Friday and have been modding it all weekend....next weekend can't get here soon enough so we can go out and play. now if the weather will just cooperate (there's suppose to be a cold front coming through)

What mods are you doing to yours? Did you get the 17' AR240?