• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pinopolis lock and Cooper River Charleston SC May 7th

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
@andy07sx230ho great info on the base I had no clue what it was used for just knew if you looked it up on google earth it's blacked out and they kept security pretty tight. First year I did this trip I was well ahead of others in my group and I stopped near it to wait and a boat with a 40 cal machine gun came flying at me WOT and as politely as a boat with a 40 cal machine gun on it could told me to keep moving lol.
@JROD Checks the dates you booked to make sure you have Saturday night. Just saying man!!! Every rate I see has that high price except weeknights and Sunday night.
Thanks for the reality check! Screwed up dates, closer to Tim's H rate now and everyone's else's rate at total of $287. ;-) Had not heard from this many people on anything! ;-) Is amazing the response time we humans can gear up when it comes to money ha? ;-) Very much looking forward to it and seeing you all!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the tag! I went ahead and booked a room at the HI Express. I will have to discuss it with my wife when she gets back on whether or not we make it a trip with the kids (3,5,7), get a grandma to watch them during a weekend getaway, or if I just get a hall pass for the weekend and invite friends. I am hoping for the whole family route; but sometimes these things can be stressful for the mamma so we'll see if she is ready for an adventure.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Seadeals Hope it works out sir. I will likely have a couple kids on my boat a 8 year old and I'm not sure how old @tim h kids are but I'm assuming he is bringing them as well. Last year we had three kids on the trip two on @andy07sx230ho boat and one on a friends they did great and 3 years ago there where two 4 year old children that went with our group and they did awesome and had a blast!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks guys. My fingers are crossed I will bring the family. We will call it a night early but I know we will all have a blast. I also really need and appreciate the experienced company for our first official jet boat journey.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks guys. My fingers are crossed I will bring the family. We will call it a night early but I know we will all have a blast. I also really need and appreciate the experienced company for our first official jet boat journey.
Same here.. I have only been on our local lakes... This will be our first boating adventure.. With many more to come I hope..

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Me and @DieselCamel tried out the ramp at the campground yesterday.

If you need fuel, plan on stopping at least 30 miles out. If you need groceries, plan on stopping at least 30 miles out. If you need anything at all, plan on stopping at least 30 miles out. lol. Real nice area, just a bit outdated.

IMG_20160319_161500 (Copy).jpg

IMG_20160319_162007 (Copy).jpg

IMG_20160319_163240 (Copy).jpg

IMG_20160319_163252 (Copy).jpg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok where are the pics of the boat that was being dropped?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Actually had one in there, then deleted it :p

I'm sure he'll be posting some soon enough. Played around with it a bunch today, dam it seems so much bigger than what it is.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was going to point this out before trip but since @veedubtek brought it up I will mention it now. Most of this trip is rural. As you get close to getting off I-95 or how ever you come in you will want to make sure your boat is full of fuel. I have never been to this launch site but can tell you there are 2 or 3 spots to fuel on the water in the area but with as late as we are talking about launching in the day I don't plan to stop at any if possible. Once we clear the lakes and go down the lock there is a spot about 1 mile from there with fuel, food and restrooms but you will not see anything like this again from about 52 miles till we hit Charleston. All our boats should be fine with fuel as its a easy river run basically but I would recommend being full of fuel before launch. Also having any supplies you need before launch as well as you can pick some stuff up in Charleston but anything you think you need on the trip down you will want with you.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are there bathrooms at the launch site? We will be coming in with three kids from about 3.5 hours away..... Soooo u know how that is..

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are there bathrooms at the launch site? We will be coming in with three kids from about 3.5 hours away..... Soooo u know how that is..
I didn't see any. But it is a huge camp ground so I'll pretty sure there has to be something

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Seadeals Hope it works out sir. I will likely have a couple kids on my boat a 8 year old and I'm not sure how old @tim h kids are but I'm assuming he is bringing them as well. Last year we had three kids on the trip two on @andy07sx230ho boat and one on a friends they did great and 3 years ago there where two 4 year old children that went with our group and they did awesome and had a blast!

My girls are 9 and 10.
:)

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Still working on dog sitting so we can go. I am guessing that my 2 girls, 15 and 20 will be on the trip along with my wife. My oldest daughter will not make the trip though.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are bathrooms and fuel but just from previous experiences up there on the fuel side I would still show up full. Below is a link to their map

http://www.rockspond.com/map.htm

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do I see a set of twins ??
Twin engines and hulls lol. I saw this boat at the Charleston boat show I fell in love with it. It was the first boat I had ever been on at a boat show that I was afraid to look at the price tag because if the price would have been in my range I would have bought it then. In a few years as used ones start hitting the market I will likely move to it at as well depending on his experience with it.