• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pinopolis lock and Cooper River Charleston SC May 7th

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone done a boat/head count for how many we have now? Our boat has 8 on it now.... me, wife, 3 kids, old friend, two new friends.. Shannon and diana...

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone done a boat/head count for how many we have now? Our boat has 8 on it now.... me, wife, 3 kids, old friend, two new friends.. Shannon and diana...
I think we are at 9 boats and 4 skis total of about 50 people.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
DINNER PLANS

I have tagged everyone who is going. I want to get a head count from all of the Captains. Please respond back if you are interested in a group dinner.
@andy07sx230ho , @robert843, @DieselCamel, @veedubtek, @bronze_10, @tim h, @JROD, @ACrews, @spaz1868, @Seadeals + friend with Sea Ray, @Ramblin Wreck

I wanted to check with everyone and see who is interested in trying to put together a group dinner Saturday night. We have been able to pull this off before in downtown Charleston on a Saturday night for soccer tourneys and maybe we can do it again... It may not be one big table but maybe we can take over a corner in a restaurant.

Here is what I am thinking: try to find a restaurant that will accept our crowd, somewhere in the market area, so we can enjoy downtown a bit before and after dinner. Everyone will be responsible for getting themselves there, their own dinner ticket, etc. I will target an 8:00 dinner if possible so you can enjoy the water, downtown or whatever, have time to clean up before dinner too. I will try to get us into one place at about the same time.

Let me know your crew size and I will let you know what I can work out.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have 8 on the boat.... 6 will be willing to do the dinner... I'll let my other two passengers, Shannon and his wife, speak on their own behalf. All we ask is that it is as moderatly priced as it can be in charleston...

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also... any word on if there is a charge for the over night parking?
I called last week and they told me it was $2 to park over night but I swear last year it was $5 or $10 so not really sure. Best answer I can give is its between $2-$10 to park overnight but they did say $2 and when I told them the size of the group we had they said they had plenty of parking.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sweet.. we are getting excited to go.... getting everything on the boat squared away the next week or so.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet.. we are getting excited to go.... getting everything on the boat squared away the next week or so.
Yeah I'm getting mine done now I'm having a trailer issue hopefully they get it done by next week.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies on dinner. I will monitor and tag those who do not reply as the week goes on.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bronze_10 in response to your request, and thanks for mentioning as I forgot that in the original post, I am looking for something casual and reasonable. With our mixed crowd, kids, etc. we need something like that.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bronze_10 in response to your request, and thanks for mentioning as I forgot that in the original post, I am looking for something casual and reasonable. With our mixed crowd, kids, etc. we need something like that.
Yes all that... mainly due to the fact that I am paying for 6 of us... lol if we go somewhere crazy expensive I may have to draft on the way home!. Lol. I have faith in you!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup. My group of 4 is in. Dirk's group of 3 also.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
DINNER PLANS

I have tagged everyone who is going. I want to get a head count from all of the Captains. Please respond back if you are interested in a group dinner.
@andy07sx230ho , @robert843, @DieselCamel, @veedubtek, @bronze_10, @tim h, @JROD, @ACrews, @spaz1868, @Seadeals + friend with Sea Ray, @Ramblin Wreck

I wanted to check with everyone and see who is interested in trying to put together a group dinner Saturday night. We have been able to pull this off before in downtown Charleston on a Saturday night for soccer tourneys and maybe we can do it again... It may not be one big table but maybe we can take over a corner in a restaurant.

Here is what I am thinking: try to find a restaurant that will accept our crowd, somewhere in the market area, so we can enjoy downtown a bit before and after dinner. Everyone will be responsible for getting themselves there, their own dinner ticket, etc. I will target an 8:00 dinner if possible so you can enjoy the water, downtown or whatever, have time to clean up before dinner too. I will try to get us into one place at about the same time.

Great idea, thanks! Just the long term girlfriend and I=2 & half (counting the little guy in my head that talks to me all the time.) ;-)

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@waterboy it's been several years back, but I had to visit Charleston for a company event and we had a pretty big group at Bubba Gumps. Again it's been a long time, but from what I remember it's more of a chain vibe then a local feel if you've never eaten there before. It would fit the casual/affordable/relaxed environment if that's what you're looking for. I'm sure you have something in mind, but that placed just came to mind when thinking of a sizable party so I thought I would share.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
DINNER PLANS

I'll have 4 adults total in my boat sir. Thanks for setting something up. @waterboy