• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pinopolis lock and Cooper River Charleston SC May 7th

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Marina Variety Store Restaurant is pretty good eating next door to City Marina but may be a bit pricier than some may wanna spend, possibly?
Looks like a good place if we cannot find anything in the Historic District for dinner...at the very least , it might be a good place to go for brunch prior to our Sunday morning departure since it is conveniently located to where our boats will be. I tried to see if Hyman's can accommodate our party but they do not accept reservations. It's one of our favorite restaurants to visit when we are in Charleston. Could be an option if we want to put our name in early and walk around City Market which is almost across the street from the restaurant.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@waterboy, we will have six (3 adults/3 kiddos). The SeaRay will have 5 (4 and 1). Both families are going to pass on the group dinner. The little ones have an early bedtime and I want a pleasant cruise on the return. Thanks!

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Seadeals Thanks for the update there. Yeah you have to do what you can to keep everyone smiling. Since mine are teenagers, I gave up on that long ago. I KNOW they will be crabby no matter what I do :banghead: :banghead:

Look forward to meeting you there!!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in Charleston working today and I spoke to my counter part who services Marina Varitey location and he said that was a very good option he also said there was a another fun bar right down from it. So if you get stuck on options for down town maybe we plan a early dinner there and then anyone who wants to go down town can head that way to explore.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well guys, I have hits roadblocks across the board on dinner locations. I think we are on our own for reservations and can decide to meet as a group. Sorry we were not bale to work it out but that is Charleston on a Saturday night. I knew that going in but wanted to try at least.

For those that want to stay on the water all day and not go dowtown, the restaurant at the marina sounds like a great option.

For those that want to go downtown and play, there are several options. Hymans does not take reservation but is very good. Southend Brewery has very good food and takes reservations, plus they have good beer. Lots of options near the Market area so we can discuss later.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well guys, I have hits roadblocks across the board on dinner locations. I think we are on our own for reservations and can decide to meet as a group. Sorry we were not bale to work it out but that is Charleston on a Saturday night. I knew that going in but wanted to try at least.

For those that want to stay on the water all day and not go dowtown, the restaurant at the marina sounds like a great option.

For those that want to go downtown and play, there are several options. Hymans does not take reservation but is very good. Southend Brewery has very good food and takes reservations, plus they have good beer. Lots of options near the Market area so we can discuss later.
@waterboy, Thanks for trying. Since it is Mother's Day and graduation weekend I figured it was going to be an up hill battle.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@robert843 a friend of mine will be joining us with his family (5 total) as well. He has a Sea Ray ski boat so he shouldn't have an issue getting under any bridge. Just an fyi if you're tracking boat/head count.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok.. I have what may be a silly question... do I need to plan on taking my boat cover and antipooling poles for the boat with us to use over night at the marina? I wasn't planning on it but thought the wisdom of the forum may need to be consulted.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@waterboy .. txs for trying.. my group will Prob juat stay close to the marina..
My night will likely consist of pizza delivered to the pool at the hotel and what ever alcoholic beverage I decide to bring lol.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok. I have what may be a silly question... do I need to plan on taking my boat cover and antipooling poles for the boat with us to use over night at the marina? I wasn't planning on it but thought the wisdom of the forum may need to be consulted.
It depends on how anal you are about your boat. I won't and don't use my cover even when I'm in Bimini.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok.. I have what may be a silly question... do I need to plan on taking my boat cover and antipooling poles for the boat with us to use over night at the marina? I wasn't planning on it but thought the wisdom of the forum may need to be consulted.
That will be your own call. As long as you leave the bilge pump on you wont need it but I will likely bring mine and use it depending on the weather forecast. I'm sure someone else may chime in as I do not leave my boats out a whole lot over night in the water. I know last year in Bimini no one left a cover on that I recall during that whole week while the boats were in the water so I know its not a requirement by any means.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So it looks like we have dinner handled.. what wad the final word on lunch for saturday?. We gonna pack a lunch or are we rolling on through to charleston?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So it looks like we have dinner handled.. what wad the final word on lunch for saturday?. We gonna pack a lunch or are we rolling on through to charleston?
Pack a lunch. With leaving Rock Pond around 11 am we won't get to the lock until 11:30ish, depending on lock operation it might 12:30 or 1 before we get through the lock, and then an easy ride down the river will put us in Chucktown around 4 pm.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pack a lunch. With leaving Rock Pond around 11 am we won't get to the lock until 11:30ish, depending on lock operation it might 12:30 or 1 before we get through the lock, and then an easy ride down the river will put us in Chucktown around 4 pm.
@andy07sx230ho do you think we should plan a spot to stop on the river for 30 min or so to eat or should we just have everyone eat during the lock ride?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho do you think we should plan a spot to stop on the river for 30 min or so to eat or should we just have everyone eat during the lock ride?
I think it would be better to eat after we get through the lock, somewhere down river. For the people that haven't been through the lock before they are going to want to give the experience their full attention.

Looking at the map it seems there might be some areas just east/south of Monks Corner to stop and eat.