• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

PLEASE HELP SUCKED ROPE

Alialheleji

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good evening everyone after 3 years of owning a boat (newbie) I sucked my first tow rope as I was close to shore decided to take it out and cut it off which I did but there was small pieces inside the shaft thought it’d get shredded up while driving went back in water to test it out seemed like it ran fine about an hour later of relaxing I turned it on and went to dock to take boat out the boat felt heavy a little as I took it out I realized a lot of water was in the boat if someone please can help me it’d be Highly appreciated the boat is a 2007 Yamaha sx210 the water is only coming out from the side I sucked the rope from

Attachments

• 3DC8F672-5BCB-488F-B63B-F4CB295750D8.png
    3DC8F672-5BCB-488F-B63B-F4CB295750D8.png
    10 MB · Views: 137
  • 7D074733-D290-4823-BE50-EB9A5F6E7316.png
    7D074733-D290-4823-BE50-EB9A5F6E7316.png
    9.8 MB · Views: 127
  • 5BEA76AE-B541-4E52-A486-BC7D93FF6662.png
    5BEA76AE-B541-4E52-A486-BC7D93FF6662.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 148
There’s been several threads on this issue in the last few weeks. I’d suggest you do a search on “rope” and/or “sucked up”. You should find them. If that doesn’t work, try searching my name. I’ve responded to several such posts.

All that said, it’s hard to tell from the pics but it looks like water is pouring out from the shaft opening. This likely means you’ve damaged the hull or the fittings around the shaft where it enters the hull. Best way to check this is to:

- pull the pump (pretty easy to do, loads on threads on this)

- check for visible damage around the shaft opening

- with the boat on the trailer, run a garden hose into the engine compartment and see if water comes out anywhere. This might take a few minutes so be patient.

Send pics once you’ve pulled the pump. Good luck.

Looks like you have a ton of water in there!

Was your bilge pump not turned on???

Looks like you either cracked the intake tunnel or the fitting where the shaft enters the boat.

When I see pleas for help, the first thing I do is look for the location of the member....you don't list yours (hint...you may get local offers of help if you do!)

Bilge pump was turning on and off ever couple minutes didn’t think anything of it I’ll take some better pics and post it thank you so much for the advice I’m in Dallas texas.

@Julian @Dave burke after opening up the pump this is what I saw will this be good news or bad news the rope melted inside as well and it’s like solid rock

Attachments

• 2246EB3A-E64B-4AED-AD83-5CE753F0E1E0.jpeg
    2246EB3A-E64B-4AED-AD83-5CE753F0E1E0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
  • 22AAEEDB-20BC-43EA-9C9C-459B0976FC86.jpeg
    22AAEEDB-20BC-43EA-9C9C-459B0976FC86.jpeg
    969.7 KB · Views: 104
  • DA2CAD24-FF8F-4EA9-8027-B4B7BDB59A4E.jpeg
    DA2CAD24-FF8F-4EA9-8027-B4B7BDB59A4E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
@Julian @Dave burke after opening up the pump this is what I saw will this be good news or bad news the rope melted inside as well and it’s like solid rock
Wow that is some next level destruction. You have significant damage to the hull that will need to be repaired by a good fiberglass shop. Probably need new driveshaft tunnel and bearing as well.

man sorry that happened to you. Typically when you suck up a rope you limp back on one engine and pull the boat and either look real good or if you are not sure pull the pump. That rope wrapped tight and caused you a lot of damage.

See if insurance will cover it.

That is terrible!
Definitely won't be cheap or easy.

I would add your location as mentioned. There may be someone in area can point to shop.

Really storry about this man. This is much worse than the problem I had a few years ago. Like others have said, I’d start with your insurance company and go from there.

The only damage I’ve seen that’s this bad is what happened to @MIDLIFECRISIS several years ago. He might have some guidance for you.

Good luck.

Back