• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please help! Water not flowing out of both side outputs equally

Radman7734

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Took my brand new Yamaha 210 FSH out today and notice the port engine is ejecting far less water than the starburst engine out the side port. The engine didn’t overheat and ran normally but I took it in when I noticed. When I hooked it up to flush it it still trickled out the side but I observed that there was some coolant water coming out the bottom. I also noticed the exhaust note was crisper on the starboard side where the water flowed out at a greater pace. Is this normal or can anyone suggest what I should check? At this point I’m considering taking it to a dealer for examination but would rather fix it myself if it’s simple. Thanks!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The simplist thing could be going on here....your pisser may be clogged. Get some stiff weed eater string and stick it down the hole and see if it runs into any obstructions.

The port side engine always pees less on a hose connection (it has further to travel).

Radman7734

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Took it to the dealer today to have them check it under warranty. Should be interesting to see what it is. I checked the lines going to the spouts and it doesn’t look pinched. Better to be safe than sorry. I’ll let know how goes...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Radman7734

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Okay soooo good news on the boat! Apparently the line from the engine to the port was kinked and caused the decreased water output so it’s all good. Thanks for he help!