• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Plz tell me this is suppose to be there.

tyler1408

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just got the boat home from the dealer when my dad noticed this hole on the bottom side of the boat. It's on the starboard side about a foot infront of the Yamaha emblem, about 8 inches in from the side. Is this where they put the foam in and forgot to seal it? I can't think of any logical reason there would be a hole on the bottom of a boat, let alone one that's never seen water. Someone ease my mind and tell me your 195s has this too

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That's on the bottom of the hull? I would thing "not at all." Did someone start to drill a pilot hole for ballast pump, then go "whoops?!"

tyler1408

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
That's on the bottom of the hull? I would thing "not at all." Did someone start to drill a pilot hole for ballast pump, then go "whoops?!"
Yes its on the bottom of the hull, I tried posting a video that shows the location better but it's saying file to large

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you get some other pictures further away where we can see a little more of where the whole is located?

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Can you see the hole from the outside?Run the garden hose inside the eng compartment and see if it starts leaking out. You can also check the bilge pump at the same time, if it dosen't leak.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It look like you can stike a pencil in there, hole shit. Call the dealer.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WOW!!!!

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
well i feel a lil better, i dont have a hole in my boat. But really....this is crazy. Factory didnt catch that nor the dealer? Who are these places hiring?

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
WTH!! I've seen some shitty assembly/build issues with these boats that are all too common and have to be fixed but this takes the cake for sure - unbelievable! "Hey my new boat is fine except one thing..... there is a hole in the bottom, maybe want to take a look at that???" :winkingthumbsup":banghead::banghead:

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just think if is was sitting on the trailor bunk. You would have never noticed and then you would be trying to figure out why the bilge pump never shuts off.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe the hole is meant for water to come out only?? Just kidding.

So sorry to hear, hoping for a quick repair.

If they told you weeks to fix I would be inclined to spend a stick of waterweld and have them figure it out in the winter, but that's just me.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dealer prep $1K, that would have been found if they did their job, they did not go over the boat, its their job to inspect everything before handing over to customer. Boat with a hole, OK to sell - CHECK!