• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

PortTobacco says hello

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wanted to say hello. Took me awhile to finally get over here from the other site....mostly because I have been boatless for over two years now. I might be buying soon.....

Nice to see all the familiar names: Julian, JawsF16, Txav8r, etc etc.

You are alive. Nice of you to find us. What might you be buying ?

Welcome @PortTobacco II. Glad you made it. Hope you're back on the water soon.

Welcome Aboard!

WELCOME!!! What kind of boat are you looking at???? We love to help people spend money!! LOL!!!

Welcome!!

Welcome.jpg
Glad you made it over!!!!!

Howdy @PortTobacco II ! Glad to see you again, even boat less! You know the drill, you can't hang out with this crowd without getting boat fever! I sold the Nauti Dawg 15 months ago...and we added two great members that bought her! And these dastardly guys and gals here made me miss my boat so much, I bought a '12 240, the Blue Yonder. Glad to see you here Port...don't be a stranger, your a regular!

Welcome.....Quick go buy a boat!!!lol

Hey @PortTobacco II !@ Glad you "found us !"
Merry Christmas, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 10 - PortTobacco.jpg

Welcome on over @PortTobacco II. Glad you found us and decided to join.

Same old game here with most of the same players. But with a much nicer field and climate too.

Glad to see that you're considering getting back in the game.

Welcome back! Lots of the same players here,,same amazing knowledge base, refreshing new helpful attitudes by all.

Glad you are here. When are we going to,start modding your new 2015 Yamaha???

WOW!!! Thanks for all the enthusiastic greetings!! Thanks Guys!!
I am still figuring out this new site.......I do LIKE having spellcheck.

Here is my current situation. Six months ago we bought an awesome house right on a six mile wide part of the lower Potomac River. I have an awesome pier with a boat lift about 100ft from my back door. BUT NO BOAT :( With two kids still away at college. The kids do pay a good portion of their college costs but I provide a bunch (more than half) of support. So I am unsure about a boat purchase. However I have an employment situation that MIGHT result in a raise and nice lump sum of cash that just might give me financial confidence to purchase a boat. I should know either way by early January.

I did buy in June 2014 a pretty cool 2009 Yamaha Wave Runner Super HO (FX -I think). Its a three person and really freak'n fast. But I would much rather have a boat. I am not sure what my next Yamaha boat will be. I was thinking that I would want 24 footer maybe 2012 or newer but these boat are probably out my price range. I have always had a soft spot for the 212ss (2011 and newer). There is a guy in Rochester NY that has 2013 212ss with 15hrs for $35k obo. If I could get the price down a bit, thought that looked like a good candidate. Although the boat is that Carbon color which I don't really dig. I do like that Space Blue color they came out with 2013 or 2014. Certain colors of boats just put me in a good mood so maybe I will hold out for a Space Blue boat.

I have read claims of two to three thousand hours out of MR1s in rental skis. The 1.8 runs at a much lower rpm so I would expect it to last even longer.

If we assume those hours are equivelant to a car engine going 60 mph then 400 hours is 24,000 miles and 2000 hours is 120,000 miles.

Back