• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Problems with supercharger bearing 250 hp 4 tech

DJP1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My made it to 50 hours befor the bearing seized and took out the supercharger

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

DJP1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Nope dealer says scarab says it a perishable item just like spark plugs!! With that said going to have the boat repaired and it’s Forsale !! That tells me how good there product is!!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nope dealer says scarab says it a perishable item just like spark plugs!! With that said going to have the boat repaired and it’s Forsale !! That tells me how good there product is!!
That's nuts and at 50 hours

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My made it to 50 hours befor the bearing seized and took out the supercharger
Is this one of the new SCs that are supposed to be maintenance free?
I guess you were lucky the engine was not destroyed by debris...

--

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is this one of the new SCs that are supposed to be maintenance free?
I guess you were lucky the engine was not destroyed by debris...

--
His profiles says he owns a 2016 ho 16 footer

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The engine is warrantied by Rotax and the supercharger is warrantied along with the spark plugs. The warranty is 3 years or 480 hrs. what ever come first. You also have to have maintained it according to the manual.

Attachments

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would be going back to the dealership and sitting down with the service manager and/or the GM. I would have them pull the In service date and the warranty info and explaining it to me. Take your warranty booklet with you and reference what @ALAN MANN SR. has posted here.

DJP1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
$5000.00 out of my pocket it’s fixed and the boat is for sale!!! According to Rotax and scarab the super charger is a perishable item like a spark plug . Tried calling scarab that’s a waste of time left messages and ever got a response back Also this was my first Rotax product and last . What a combination of junk

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I had same frustration with Kawasaki's lack of reliability it was totally unbelievable and the extended warranty was also worthless based on my experience, I never purchased another Kawasaki and never will , research the supercharger failures for Rotax engines all the way back to day one . I believe you will find the issues are well documented and I also read that the latest one is designed to last longer before requiring any service. So apparently it was something they felt needed to be corrected. Reminds me of the timing chain issues with the 1800 engines but Yamaha fixed those. I know they fixed the one I had fail.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So sorry to hear Rotax screwed you. Definitely not good at all levels. At 50 hours I'd be calling a lawyer.

I believe the maintenance free super chargers started in 2017.

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 2015 195 HOI, how exactly am I supposed to maintenance my supercharger, what do you guys do?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I do not believe there is anything you can do except bring it in for a rebuild at the time they recommend I believe they have a new supercharger that is supposed to last longer than the earlier ones but not sure if you have one of those

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
There is a whole thread on this... Go back a couple pages. Tells you where to mail it in. Turn around time is said to be quick. Mine is coming due also so if you can keep us updated it would help.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Kinda disregard my post... I thought this was a new thread. My bad.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I change my oil every 50 HRS. and had my Supercharger rebuilt by Ron at Wavetech PowerSprots at 188 HRS. for $769.97 in February 2019. It was not worth it to me to pull it myself, ship it then reinstall it. I did not want to have a problem doing it myself. 210 HRS. on it now and running strong.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tr
$5000.00 out of my pocket it’s fixed and the boat is for sale!!! According to Rotax and scarab the super charger is a perishable item like a spark plug . Tried calling scarab that’s a waste of time left messages and ever got a response back Also this was my first Rotax product and last . What a combination of junk
Trade it in maybe they can give you a little more to help out on the price.