• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pulled the trigger on a190 FSH Deluxe

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So I have been following everyone post on the FSH, and finally was able to see a deluxe in person compared to a FSH Sport. After seen it, pulled the trigger and purchased the boat.
I'm flying out of town Monday, but will take delivery on Friday. Here are some pics of the boat inside the showroom, I was able to get the yamaha sunshade included in the price of the boat.
I will share more pics on Friday when I take it for a ride.
IMG952366.jpg IMG952372.jpg IMG952374.jpg IMG952375.jpg Screenshots_2015-10-03-20-24-11.png

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excellent. Looking forward to the review.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome! Since you didn't put your location in your profile we don't know where you are boating....but I hope you are south somewhere you can get some use in before the end of the season?????

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like he is in Miami so we have lots of season left. If fact, the season is just starting back up for me! Lower temps and less rain!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any reports yet? I do have a question. Being from south Florida, what steered you to the Yamaha vs the myriad of other outboard powered center consoles? Something had to be the deciding factor.

I'm totally smitten by this little boat and had it been available when I purchased, I probably would have bought it. At some point in a few years I'll be in Florida myself and I'll probably trade in for something a little more fishy.

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congratulations! Have a nice winter freezing while you fish! lol

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So I pick up the boat on Friday evening, took it out Saturday morning for a full day test drive and to perform the break-in as indicated in the owners manual. These are the few things that have learned so far from my first time on a jet boat type boat, I had boating experience with outboard boats in the past and wave runners, but never with a jet boat.
1st. Steering
Steering is different, very sensible but once I got use to it, not to hard.
Steering around the dock, docking the boat, dropping in and out of the trailer at the ramp was easy once I spent enough time learning how to maneuver the boat at low speeds. I played a lot with foward and reverse in the NO WAKE speed setting. I was parallel parking and doing 180 turns in a small space dock by the end of the day.

2nd. Clean out plug and impeller shaft
I did learn that if you think it may be sucked by the jet, it will. After being done with the break-in period, I took it out to see what would the top speed would be, I noticed it would not go past 36 MPH, so I decided to check the impeller thru the clean out plug, found some seaweed in it, not to much, but enough to affect top speed performance. Once clean, boat was doing 44-45 MPH.

The day was great, so we decided to do some deep sea fishing for a little, caught a 36" barracuda!
The boat behave pretty good in open sea, the weather was good, 1-3 and cruise with no concerns.

So far, I'm in love with the boat, really enjoyed the swimming platform for fishing and trolling in open sea.
Here are some pictures:
IMG952464.jpg 20151010_102648.jpeg 20151009_155821.jpg 20151010_142113.jpg

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
As to the reasons I went with this boat @McMark , was in the market for a small boat, not to small that I could not take out to open sea and not to big that it would not fit inside a 2 car garage. Want it for fishing and family cruising, this boat meet the requirements. After reading all about it from the boat show and seen it in person, I was very impressed with all its features. Is not a deep sea boat or a boat you will try to cross the ocean with, but for me and my family, it fits the bill (by the way, another guy from FL with an FSH has allready gone to Bimini with it, check out 190 FSH Miami to Bimini on YouTube).
Hope this answers your question.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I watched that YouTube.... They got the USCG/Homeland Security greeting twice!

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As to the reasons I went with this boat @McMark , was in the market for a small boat, not to small that I could not take out to open sea and not to big that it would not fit inside a 2 car garage. Want it for fishing and family cruising, this boat meet the requirements. After reading all about it from the boat show and seen it in person, I was very impressed with all its features. Is not a deep sea boat or a boat you will try to cross the ocean with, but for me and my family, it fits the bill (by the way, another guy from FL with an FSH has allready gone to Bimini with it, check out 190 FSH Miami to Bimini on YouTube).
Hope this answers your question.
Yes, thank you!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for your pictures and review...great looking boat!

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very nice and congratulations.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finally got to see the youtube video. Looked like fun but with such bad weather I don't think I would do it. Were the stops to make sure he knew what he was doing?