• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pump communication ERR 242X

Bulldog46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Went to the dealer to sea trial my new 242X today and about half way through the ride, we received a beeping alarm and a pump communication Err on the screen. It eventually stopped on its own. Trailer her for the ride home and as we went through the flushing procedures, the alarm goes off again. Apparently the communication error was tied to the ballast tanks. I eventually departed without boat and without the problem solved. I'm starting to regret this purchase already. Hope it's not a sign of things to come. I'll update this thread once I get more information.

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had the same issue on a customers 242X, The pins on the connector plug for the ballast controller where not seated completely into the controller, when the plug is pushed onto the controller it can push the connector pins out of the plugs end. The plug is drawn into the controller by a screw, have the dealer unscrew the connection, check the pins on the plug side for propper engagement then carefully screw the connector back on to the controller. This fixed my guys issue. Good luck

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That is some helpful info @Tom V . Thank you for chiming in .

Bulldog46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. I'll mention that to the techs, when I call tomorrow.

Bulldog46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had the same issue on a customers 242X, The pins on the connector plug for the ballast controller where not seated completely into the controller, when the plug is pushed onto the controller it can push the connector pins out of the plugs end. The plug is drawn into the controller by a screw, have the dealer unscrew the connection, check the pins on the plug side for propper engagement then carefully screw the connector back on to the controller. This fixed my guys issue. Good luck
@Tom V, I called them this morning and they had fixed the problem yesterday evening. Turns out, it was exactly what your customer had happen. They are checking to make sure all the pumps are working properly, but no alarms showing up. Hope to have them deliver her today or tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great to here, There are a few stupid little issues that have shown up on the 2016 models, all are easy fix things. If anything else pops up just shoot me a pm.

Bulldog46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Quick update for anyone interested in a 242X. Yamaha still has not been able to fix the ballast issue. I was told that it's some sort of ECU like problem and that the part is unfortunately back ordered from Japan. The dealer said that it probably wouldn't be ready until Sep or Oct, and they couldn't guarantee that would totally solve the problem. I couldn't take that risk with $70+K and I certainly didn't want to take possession of a boat that wasn't 100% operational. I guess they have been having this problem for a while and the fact that it's still a problem was quite concerning. So I decided to follow my gut and went with the 242 limited s e series. I have two young girls (3 and 1), who will be my primary passengers, so I'm not sure how much I would have used the ballast bags anyway. I can deal without the headache. The dealer has been phenomenal during this entire ordeal. I take possession of the new boat on Wednesday. Can't wait to finally get on the water.

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You did the right thing, until yamaha can say all the issues can be resolved right away then the 242X is a better choice for you.

MMason

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi all, new to this forum but I also have the same alarm with my 2017 Yamaha 212x. I drove it home from Denver to Albuquerque and went to the lake this weekend. Constant alarming. I checked the pins and can't see an obvious abnormality. Very disappointing! I guess I'll be driving back to Denver soon.

Any other thoughts for troubleshooting this?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi all, new to this forum but I also have the same alarm with my 2017 Yamaha 212x. I drove it home from Denver to Albuquerque and went to the lake this weekend. Constant alarming. I checked the pins and can't see an obvious abnormality. Very disappointing! I guess I'll be driving back to Denver soon.

Any other thoughts for troubleshooting this?
That stinks....did it alarm when you went over the boat with the dealer when you bought it?

MMason

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That stinks....did it alarm when you went over the boat with the dealer when you bought it?
No. We didn't put it in the water prior. Just started it on the lot and did all of the walk thru stuff. I spoke with a mechanic for Yamaha out of Amarillo and he said he's seen this and that the tachometers have to be sent back to Yamaha to be re-flashed. Unsure what that means and trying to make sense of all of this. Really praying I didn't by a lemon!

DeeAmericanDream

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’m on vacation in lake George, NY tried to use the ballast bags for the first time on my 2017 242x and this error message came on after multiple times of trying to get the bags to fill. Now the message goes on every 10 mins for the past day. We are here for another 2 days any way to get this error message reset? I turned off batteries for 3-4 hours. Still comes on

You mention the plug and controller. Where exactly is that? Maybe I’ll give that a shot. So every 10 mins I don’t have to hear the beeping hahaha thank you!!!!

Bogus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did you solve this issue somehow?

Bogus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Update FOR the same issue with my 242x e.
As FOR my boat looks like it depends on the temperature in the engine compartment. If its Hot outside and the engines are Hot it makes pump control block overheated and report an error.

Ricardo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Do you mean de box (controller) on the starboardside above the two pumps?