• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte FL – jet clean outs

sdbob

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be moving to Punta Gorda, FL in a few months. I had a 08 AR 210 and liked it very much in South Dakota. I am thinking about getting a FSH 210. I am wondering how much/many times I will need to access the clean outs for?

1. City cannel access to Charlotte Harbor (20 min trip through the city cannels)?
2. Accessing the shallow water mangroves for fishing in Charlotte Harbor?
3. Up river travels east of I-75?
4. Is it a problem?

Thanks for the help!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Depends on the seaweed. It all depends on that. Hopefully someone who lives there can help with more local info.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I will be moving to Punta Gorda, FL in a few months. I had a 08 AR 210 and liked it very much in South Dakota. I am thinking about getting a FSH 210. I am wondering how much/many times I will need to access the clean outs for?

1. City cannel access to Charlotte Harbor (20 min trip through the city cannels)?
2. Accessing the shallow water mangroves for fishing in Charlotte Harbor?
3. Up river travels east of I-75?
4. Is it a problem?

Thanks for the help!
Hey, welcome to the forum :Welcome:!!! Lots of good information in these threads/posts to help keep you on the water.

I (mainly) boat in Tampabay. I find at different times of the year are worse than others. In my Yami, I was nervous to go into downtown St Pete due to the weeds by the courtesy docks. The drain plug and the reverse method really helped. Speeding up quickly and immediately slowing down helped too. I've been lucky with the Chap as I have had no issues. Good luck!

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In the five years of owning two jet boats in PG, I've never had to use the clean out ports BUT, I'm not a fisherman so not travelling into the far reaches of Peace River etc. Getting to the Gator Grill is easy with no issues and thats a fair way up. You occasionally get a bit of weed around the ICW in clumps which can normally can be steered around but nothing serious.
The canals, never a problem.

Coryd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In the 14 months I've had my AR210 (almost 170 hrs on it), I've never had to access the clean-out ports to clear anything. We spend most of our time in the ICW around Boca Grande and Englewood. There are definitely some super shallow areas with weeds near the surface but I've never had an issue. Just pay attention and go around any obvious patches of weeds or debris. I haven't been too far into Charlotte Harbor so I can't speak to the conditions there. From what I've heard about that area, doubt you'd have many issues, if any.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Usually the reverse move gets the weds out so if you don't know the trick do a search and be very careful backing up in shallow water as the reverse thrust can throw trash and weeds into your pump intake grates.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can't speak much about in the mangroves, but you won't have a problem up river, canals, or in the harbor for sure. If you need any tips or anything once you get here, just let me know.