• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchasing Advice

Corey Joslin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hello,
I'm new to the forum and would appreciate any advice you can provide. After researching for the last several months I have narrowed down my boat choice to the Yamaha 190 FSH sport jet boat pilot addition. A local dealer has one and I intend on making the purchase within the next 30 days. I have purchased new cars, houses, and ect. but always purchased used boats directly from the owners.

The dealer is asking $34,500. How negotiable are dealers on these boats at that price? I'm at the top of my budget especially considering I still need to install electronics, trolling motor, and need a travel cover.

I looked at other boats that would meet my needs but they were either too expensive or the quality was horrible (tracker products). I'm not in a rush so I thought about waiting a few more months and maybe the boat would drop in price.

Thanks,

Corey

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What does the jet boat pilot edition come with?

Corey Joslin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks guys, I will be using the boat about once a week for 9 months out of the year. I live in the Knoxville, TN area so I'm surrounded by lakes and rivers that I like to fish. Therefore, I wanted a boat that is not a pain in the rear to trailer or launch. I needed a boat that can support fishing for multiple species, fish an occasional bass tournament, troll for stripers, and pull a tube once in a while. My wife and 8 year old son joining me periodically. A bass boat is too limited for water sports and the occasional rough water, so that left me with fish and ski type boats. As you guys know, good quality fish and ski boats at least 19 foot aren't cheap. They tend to have deep drafts as well. I'm done with buying used boats. All boats are expensive but I want one that I can trust to do the job and maximize my time with family for the next few years. I like the Yamaha for numerous reasons including the cult following it seems to have. Usually a good sign that the product is reliable and has the resources if anything goes wrong. Good way to make new friends also. I like being able to walk around and fish 360 degrees that a center console provides. My wife likes the boat and that helps seal the deal. I don't make numerous purchases but when I do, I do the research so I feel good about the decision for the long haul. I also enjoy being different than everyone else. Not many center consoles around here, mainly bass boats. I appreciate any feedback and knowledge you can provide.

Best regards,

Corey

Corey Joslin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Comes with these items:

-Thrust Vector XV

-Deluxe Swim Platform Seat Cushions

-SeaDek Storm Gray Over Black Faux Teak Cockpit & Swim Platform Traction Mat Kits Including All Optional Mats

-Console Cupholder/Organizer

-4 Rod Rocket Launcher Bar

-Chrome "JBP Edition" Badges (x2)

-3D Vinyl Boat Registration Kit(x2)

-Numbered "JBP Edition" Placard

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The rocket launcher and organizer/ cupholder are nice. That package has the Fsh pretty decked out.

Corey Joslin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yeah, it looks pretty nice. I thought about saving a couple grand and not buy that edition but then I would just feel the need to customize things later and end up spending it anyway. I'm figuring another 3,000 for trolling motor and electronics.

Corey Joslin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Cool... I will definitely reach out to you once I purchase the boat.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did my research too before pulling trigger on the FSH... I bought it in May... The water in storage areas console was the only (issue) i have been dealing with although not so much water that its making me regret my decision.. i am pretty sure I licked the water in the changing area issue and am confident I will Mcgiver the other water issues soon... so far I love the boat and love that it can sleep in my garage after a short 20 min taking off t-top, windshield, and seat lean post... just like anything you purchase it has to meet ur needs... perfect for heading out a few miles to fish, island and reef hop, hanging out w couple friends... since ur doing lake fishing i really think this boat would be perfect for you..with the swim platform makes this 19 footer feel like a 21 footer

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Its a great family/fishing boat (family first), i would say a step above a flat or bay boat. If space and size is what you are looking for i would recomended.
Ive had mine for over 80 hours, it fits my family and fishing needs.
Was out in marathon this werk and caugth a couple of Bonitas abd blackfin tuna.G0540836.JPG G0220570.JPG

Corey Joslin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The FSH is a new model/design. Make sure you read this forum thoroughly regarding the FSH and the known problems with the 2016's so that you are not surprised or disappointed by anything you may encounter.

I think the FSH will meet most of your wants/needs based upon your intended use and location.

As stated above...make sure you read issues encountered by current and former FSH owners.

Yamaha's response or lack of response has been spotty at best regarding the FSH.

Corey Joslin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Well, pulled the trigger today. Got the sport with the jet boat pilot edition package. Upgraded to aluminum trailer with brakes, Helix 9, riptide 80 lb. trolling motor with I-pilot, added bass seat that comes with the deluxe, dual battery set up in the front for trolling with dual bank charger, Porta potty in changing room. Taking her out on its maiden voyage tomorrow after church.

Thanks guys for all your honest feedback. The Yamaha just met my needs better than other options and it just felt right. It will definitely stick out in bass boat country. Fishing a tournament next week.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Corey Joslin
Congratulations on the new boat! Now let's see some pictures!