• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question about MSRP on a new boat and lift suggestions.

Ace14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey guys I am new here and just wanted to say thanks for having me here. There seems to be a lot of very knowledgeable guys on this forum.

I currently have a 2017 GP1800 Waverunner that I love and a 26 foot searay sundancer.

I am thinking about getting rid of the sea ray and getting into a newer 24 foot jet boat because its more my style and setup for how I truly go boating.

My house is on the water now so I would be adding ether a lift or drive on dock. What do you guys recommend? Any particular brands? Any good pictures of setup?

The bigger question I have though is about actual purchase price. I know MOST new boat brands have about 10 to 15% they will give off of sticker but I wanted to know what to truly expect on a jet boat if anything. I got my GP1800 for 8% below sticker and I was told by everyone that that was uncommon esp since I bought it in spring of 17 as a 17 it was not a leftover.

For example I know the 242e series is 70k, would it be out of this world to think I could get into one for 60 to 64k?

Thanks,

Kyle

What kind of dock do you have? I have never been a fan of the drive on docks. I have a hydrohoist style lift that pumps air in to tanks and the boat sits on bunks like a trailer. As far as pricing on a new boat they don't offer much discounts on the current year model. You may find some deals on '18's as they try to make room for '19's, but your selection may be limited.

My lift

E23AC7B7-A988-4B1F-BEF3-A2D90B1208F5.jpeg

Attachments

• E5774923-AC6D-4021-B1C1-A9A35697A1A1.jpeg
    E5774923-AC6D-4021-B1C1-A9A35697A1A1.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 22
I live on Long Island so I just have a standard bulk head on a 90 foot wide canal. My neighbor has one of those bunk style float lifts for his superboat and it seems to work great. I am open to anything really but I don't want to spend 15k on a lift if there are cheaper ways that work just as well. Also I don't mind flying and towing a new boat home if the price was right but Obv I would rather get something local. So my best bet would probably wait to get a 19 at the end of next season or an 18 anytime before next season for a discount.

What's your location, as that has a huge impact on what you use for a lift. Us Northern folk can't use the beautiful lifts you guys get to use, as we have to take them out this time of year EVERY YEAR!! But we do have some nice aluminum lifts that are easy to move for our 4 months.

I was about to post the same thing as @MattFX4 , but he beat me to it. I agree with him totally!

6600. It's a rhino hoist 3 tank lift. It may even be 6800 but cant remember. It's 6600-6800. One of the two lol.

Do you already have tall pilings in?

If so, a straight forward cable lift is quite inexpensive, relatively safe and quick.

If you need all new, something else may be cheaper.

No pilings at the moment. I think the going rate by me is like 700 to 1000 per piling installed. If I could fine a guy cheap enough lets say that runs me 3k. Then the lift for that is another 5 or so which in the end isn't to bad. If I get one though I would want to go slightly larger I case I get a bigger boat down the line........

They looked a little small. I didn’t know if I could get away with the smaller ones. Doubt it.

Prob angle of pic. The 4400 is same lift but with only 2 tanks.

Given your location, check out Patsy’s Bay when you’re ready to buy. Picked up a 2017 Demo last fall for a little over 20% off the new MSRP of a new one. 12hrs and 5year warranty.

Mine stays year round in a sling lift, which works pretty well and is relatively inexpensive (as opposed to the dock around it which was not.) :-) It's also really easy to pull the boat in, position it, and then lift it out of the water. I can do it myself even with 1'-2' chop rolling in.

The sling lift actually squeezes the hull together, and as a result the front window no longer closes with the boat in the lift. Not a big deal, though.

-Greg

Attachments

• IMG_3389.JPG
    IMG_3389.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4196.JPG
    IMG_4196.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
The sling lift actually squeezes the hull together, and as a result the front window no longer closes with the boat in the lift. Not a big deal, though.
Couldn't you close the window before you hoist it up? Or would that stress/break the glass?

Mine stays year round in a sling lift, which works pretty well and is relatively inexpensive (as opposed to the dock around it which was not.) :) It's also really easy to pull the boat in, position it, and then lift it out of the water. I can do it myself even with 1'-2' chop rolling in.

-Greg
Don't they make spreader bars so as to prevent this? Not sure I'd want my hull squeezed that much....

I doubt there is any way to stop the boat from being squeezed, except to use a cradle type lift.

My Bayliner sat in it for a couple of years (outside of occasional use). After I put it on the trailer, and it sat for about a week, the window started closing fine.

-Greg

If you can get the pilings for that price, the lift is not much more.My SX230 also sat mostly in a sling for 2 years., except for when in use. I would leave window open when on the lift and it would almost close...Always returned to normal once in the water.

Back