• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Questions on cup holders.... WTF?

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On my “Used” 2014 212x my cup holders are not screwed down. They are just set in the hole, the look like they may have been silicones down at one time.

Can any other 2014 owners speak to this?
Is this how they came in 2014? I don’t see any screw holes.

Thanks all

Jim Crane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2012, and I have tried twistIng and pulling, just to see how they are secured. I think they are simply glued in there.

Dthorpe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On my 2019 the twist about half an inch and unlock, twist them back clockwise and they lock back in. You should be able to tell if you have a locking mechanism by looking at the underside of the ring.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That’s Just it, there is no underside ring and no 3 screws. no holes, looks like they came from the factory with just a couple dabs of silicone holding them in.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I know my 2005 had plain cup holders that were just siliconed in. No screws or locking mechanisms.

K that makes sense, looks like they changed it up in 2015.

dlayso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On my “Used” 2014 212x my cup holders are not screwed down. They are just set in the hole, the look like they may have been silicones down at one time.

Can any other 2014 owners speak to this?
Is this how they came in 2014? I don’t see any screw holes.

Thanks all
We have an '07. Just had to use Gorilla glue to put them back in.