• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Radar on FSH, storm rolls in on us

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wish you had taken some shots of the GPS unit to see what it was showing ......

jet_fun

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey FishWrecked-

I love your radar set up and I am planning an install on my 2016 FSH 190. My challenge is the height on the boat when it's being towed. I only have appx 13' from ground to T-Top clearance.

So I found a bracket online that allows the radar dome to fold down below the t-top during trailer tow.
http://www.whodattowers.com/photo-gallery/folding-radar-stand/

Also does your transducer give you accurate readings due to the air movement in the water at that location? I mounted my transducer "in-hull" just under the 5 gallon bucket storage (2016 fsh) and it works great at all speeds. I just cant find the structure scan option for an in-hull ducer that will fit my MFD.

Enjoy your crabbing and fishing!!

Fishwrecked

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nice looking setup!!! I like the Radar! What did that cost...I would of loved to have radar during our bimini trip this year!!! One comment was to just buy XM weather radar...
Radar: http: http://amzn.to/2xsJz93
Heading Sensor: http://amzn.to/2yUfwmZ

I have not used the XM weather radar, There is a lot of other advantages to radar then just weather. Collision avoidance/Auto pilot/ night time boating a lot of guys use it to beat everybody out to the fishing grounds super early in the morning when its still dark. It can also be used to locate birds feeding off of the bait fish. In my area the water ways will actually get shut down to boaters that do not have radar due to visibility.

Fishwrecked

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I like that fold down bracket idea. So as for as my transducer I couldn't be more happy I really wanted the scan feature and I accepted the fact that I would most likely lose the ability to monitor my depth at high speeds and I was ok with that as a trade off to have the structure scan. But to my surprise it still works at WOT.

Fishwrecked

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wish you had taken some shots of the GPS unit to see what it was showing ......
Next time I will remember to get some shots. It wont be the last time bad weather comes in.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought I was the only guy in this area with a FSH, glad to know there is another with some awesome ideas. How does the Garmin compare to the HDS-9 and the Axiom 9 with 3D down scan and structure scan?

I'm in Renton and take mine out to Blake Island camping quite often.

Fishwrecked

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought I was the only guy in this area with a FSH, glad to know there is another with some awesome ideas. How does the Garmin compare to the HDS-9 and the Axiom 9 with 3D down scan and structure scan?

I'm in Renton and take mine out to Blake Island camping quite often.
Sounds like there are couple of FSH out here but I have yet to see one. All the new GPS/Fish finders look pretty awesome, For me I just really liked the Garmin setup the best I really like the detail in the mapping and the user interface and it seems future proof and is auto pilot ready. I just starting to play around with the structure scan seems pretty sweet. I have a lot to learn with installing an all new system just the VHF radio instruction manual is like 200 pages. I love Boat camping next summer I want to do a San Juan island boat camping trip.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sounds like there are couple of FSH out here but I have yet to see one. All the new GPS/Fish finders look pretty awesome, For me I just really liked the Garmin setup the best I really like the detail in the mapping and the user interface and it seems future proof and is auto pilot ready. I just starting to play around with the structure scan seems pretty sweet. I have a lot to learn with installing an all new system just the VHF radio instruction manual is like 200 pages. I love Boat camping next summer I want to do a San Juan island boat camping trip.
And how do you suppose auto pilot would function on a jet boat?

Fishwrecked

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
SMH...first off, hydraulic steering or assist is REQUIRED.

Amazed

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
SMH...first off, hydraulic steering or assist is REQUIRED.

Amazed
Huh...? Cable steering (mechanical) autopilots for outboards/inboards/sterndrives have been around for awhile... I doubt there is anything plug-and-play for YJBs but certainly there are many options.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
An out of the box auto pilot system for these boats would be awesome! Would love to set it and sit in the back while driving to bimini! Anyone friends with @GemBob over there....not sure why he joined and then never participated....would love to see his install.