• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Realization of a dream...

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've been a little MIA lately. Just too darn busy! Like many of you, working gets in the way of my boating desires. That probably won't change. However, my wife and I recently completed a stressful but exciting set of steps to get more quality time on the water (as my facebook freinds already know).

First let me preface, through this site (and that other site that shall not be named), I have made some incredible freinds and boated in places I would have never dreamed of with a great group of people. I am hoping that won't change!

So, what did we do? We sold the house, bought a much more modest house that needs a lot of love (aka Fixer Upper)...and we bought a nice condo at the Lake of the Ozarks! Of course, we went over budget, but I fell in love with the unit and the slip location.

Now you might be saying...007...you own a 23 foot boat, that's kinda small for LOTO. That is true, but this complex is nestled deep in the state park on the Grand Glaize Branch. Great water spots spots with a 5 minute boat ride or less and still only about a 10 minute drive to town. Great neighbors, seriously nice people. Amazing light traffic even on a holiday weekend last week. The condo is past the party cove so I don't have to run the gauntlet on the main channel unless I want too! And the best part, under 2.5 hours from my house.

Unfortunately, renting it will be part of deferrring the cost of ownership, I'll be figuring out something on VRBO soon and found out how to make contacts in the complex to rent it as overflow to other owners there for their families. Hope to start with word of mouth first to avoid "party crowd damage". Once we figure it all out I'll post something in the For Sale section here. Plan to be there at least 2 weekends a month myself. If I could move there and keep my income level (aka -Pay the Bills!) I would in a heartbeat. The plan is to move there when we retire.

IMG_2791.JPG 10329774_10203884831028122_3300828000610452550_o[1].jpg
1890479_10203884836828267_7931225263269875623_o[1].jpg
10347565_10203884831068123_5615078529713609769_n[1].jpg
IMG_2928.JPG

Again, congratulations! A well deserved prize for you and Angela.

Reactions: 007
You Stink!!!! :thumbsup: Nice place, mabe one of these days me and the wife will be able to do something like that.:)

Will fellow Yama owner get the key to the 23 if we rent it???

Congrats Jeff and Angie!!!

Will fellow Yama owner get the key to the 23 if we rent it???

:wideyed: LOL, I love you all...but NO!

However, there are guest slips available for $15/night through the complex if you want to bring your Yamaha along! ;)

Congratulations!!! Very nice setup!

I dont see me towing my boat from Mass:( But love the unit and basin

WOW, that's a beautiful set up. Congrats on the new house, condo, and the sale of your previous home.

I dont see me towing my boat from Mass:( But love the unit and basin

That I understand Evil! Not jet boats, but boat/jet ski rental just to the left in the cove next door. They will even pick you up on the condo dock, plus you can hire a captain if you want to imbibe and not have to drive!

Great looking condo and water location. It'll be tough working now while you're daydreaming about those two weekends a month.

Awesome looking spot! Will you be leaving the boat there all the time? Is that on a lift? When you post the for rent link, be sure to include info on the boat renting....

Jealous! I'd love to have a house on the water near where I work! I own a $10K dock on Lake Of the Woods attached to my MIL's cabin...but it is now a 24 hour drive away! :-(

OK everybody... Party is at 007 lake condo.. Let's roll...

Congrats. Good for you.

I love loto...my family has a small house at the 5mm...the other side of the world from you...lol

Congrats and enjoy!!!

Very Sweet, Jeff! I am so happy for you guys. You know what is better than having a place on the lake....having a friend with as place on the lake!!

That place looks amazing.... I sure would have a hard time going back to work on Monday after spending the weekend there.

Congrats!!!

Congrats on being on a very nice part of that lake where you can enjoy some smooth water. Being from the St Louis area, I have good memories from that lake as a kid. My goal is to be able to work from my home on a lake as the kids get older. Enjoy!!!

23' isn't too small for LOTO, I have been there many times with my 21' boat. I just stayed away from the main channel during the busy times. I wish I had a condo at LOTO.

Back