• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rear Anchor???

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I used to have a 2015 242LS, now I have 212S. I miss the spaces behind the rear platform backrests on the 242. This was where I would store the rear FX-7 anchor and all the boat guest shoes, bumpers, etc. Real convenience!

On the 212, those spaces are not available. Because of that, I don't have a rear anchor since I don't want to store it under one of the seats and potentially bring dirt, salt, water and all the stuff I want to avoid bringing into the boat. If I beach the boat, a quartering wind will push the whole boat onto the shore. A real PITA! I decided to buy another FX-7 for the rear.

Where do all the boaters that have a rear anchor store it on the 212 line?

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have repurposed the cooler and danforth anchor that came with the boat. ( more accurately, the anchor was a gift from sales manager at marina, that was the custom pre- covid.) the anchor, along with 5 ft. Of chain and 50 ft. Anchor line is stored in the cooler. Under the aft seat next to the battery. That way no dirt, mess, or worse mold introduced to the boat. And no metals Coming into contact with electric system. On this forum you will find better/more minimal ways of storing a spike that serves as an aft anchor. Storing anything on any boat has its compromises. The forward anchor is a 30 lb. River anchor with 5ft of chain and 100ft. Of anchor line. ( a bit more anchor than necessary and a work out to lift over the side of boat but very affective for my lake bottom) That is stored in the storage compartment padded with life jackets next to the helm in a milk crate.
Sorry for the long winded response.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a medium Richter anchor (18lb.) up front on five feet of chain and fifty feet of line (which fits in the anchor locker without too much fuss), and a small Richter (14lb.) stored under the starboard aft seat in a cut-off "Homer" bucket, with two and a half feet of chain and twenty feet of line attached. They do a nice job on my lake bottom and the bucket keeps the carpet clean.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have found that a 5# fluke anchor works just fine in the rear. It has 4’ of 3/16” chain and 100’ of 5/16” nylon line. Upfront is a 9# fluke anchor with 20’ of 5/16” stainless steel chain and 250’ of rode. Both fluke anchors are slip ring anchors.

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Well, I boat in a fresh water river and in salt water sandy bottom. I find the Fortress FX-7 ($150 in West Marine assembled or $110 at citimarinestore.com pre-assembled) to be noting short of wonderful. It is 4 lb light and my wife handles it with ease (the chain is the heavy portion of the set-up). I urge you to give it a try and most likely you will never go back.

Anyway, I just finished installing a rear anchor hanger on the base of my tower on the outside. It came out nice and it's out of the way. I used an old kitchen cutting board as the base of my contraption. It may not help the boat look slicker, but it sure don't waste any storage inside the boat. I will post some pic tomorrow.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm running two Danforths but use them up front in a V spread to keep us into the wind. 2nd DF gets stored under front seat cushion. My claw anchor just fits in the cubby hold with the door on the port side. My bud with the 212LtdS stores is his spare anchors all over - cause he has the room.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If your concern was for beaching the boat, a sand spike or DIY sandbar anchor was the least intrusive, as it could be put in the wet storage compartment or easily stored in the space of a pool noodle, depending on what you went with.

Seems like hanging an anchor from your tower is what you went with, interested to see what you did

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just repurposed a piece of flat limestone - fits in the front anchor locker along with the dandorth I got with the boat..

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just repurposed a piece of flat limestone - fits in the front anchor locker along with the dandorth I got with the boat..
Can you post a picture?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can you post a picture?
have it out right now because I just cleaned out the boat. I put an orange life vest beneath it in the anchor locker as padding so in rough weather so I doesn’t go through the hulll 😳 I know a cheap out right!? After losing an anchor on submerged tree my second anchor is expendable 😂😂

Attachments

Last edited:

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Look very high tech... :D
But seriously, you repurposed it for what exactly? Are the Flintstones coming to town and you are trying to impress them?

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
No but for real now, I can't imaging this anchor not dragging with the slightest wind, it's heavy, got the potential to damage your gelcoat, you must be messing...