• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD Reduced!! 2015 AR240 -$44,000 -Huntsville AL

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is a actually a sore subject. I was supposed to get an extended warranty as part of the boat show promotion deal from my dealer, but turns out they were just blowing smoke up my ass. I thought I had the extended warranty until I started getting emails from Yamaha a year later, saying my warranty was expiring. I called the dealer and they assured me the paperwork must have slipped through the cracks but they would make sure it was corrected. For the next 6 months all I got was a load of crap about how it was taking some time but I was taken care of. After several months of going back and forth and many emails and phone calls, I finally just said screw it. So no, no extended warranty. I will NEVER buy from again, or recommend Fredricks marine to anyone!!!!!! They got their check and that was all they cared about. After I signed the paperwork, they didn't even help me get hooked up. They just pointed out to the yard where they had parked it, and told me I was good to go. Worst customer service I have ever had!!!! Next time I will drive the extra 3 hours to Weedowee!!!!! Sorry for the rant, it just pisses me off every time I think about it. Lol
Sorry to hear about your dealer. To be honest I wouldn't hold my breath on Wedowee being much better. They'll sell you a boat but getting anything fixed with warranty is a pain and their mechanics are not great. Several local guys have used them for repairs or warranty claims and it's been an issue every time. I'm still waiting on them to do something about my tower and my bimini boot since November last year. If they weren't a 4 hour drive roundtrip I would be up there demanding some answers but I will wait until the off season. If they try and funny crap I have the email string saved on my phone every since I bought the boat and sent in for a warranty claim. Just a lot of talk and no action always some BS excuse or saying they are working on it with Yamaha.

jet-r-done

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmm.... I remember Mikey, for those who remember him, had nothing but good things to say about wedowee. He actually PM'd me when we were buying this boat, and went on and on about how great of a dealer they were. Unfortunately at the time I decided to try and support my "local" dealer. Obviously that was a mistake. Anyway, I'll have to do some more research before we buy again in a few years.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hmmm.... I remember Mikey, for those who remember him, had nothing but good things to say about wedowee. He actually PM'd me when we were buying this boat, and went on and on about how great of a dealer they were. Unfortunately at the time I decided to try and support my "local" dealer. Obviously that was a mistake. Anyway, I'll have to do some more research before we buy again in a few years.
I also spoke with Mikey on the phone for a long time before I bought my boat and he had nothing but great things to say about Randy the owner of Wedowee Marine. My issue isn't with their sales of a boat as they did do a lot to get me in a boat. My issue is them taking care of customers after the initial sale of the boat and not blowing them off and lying out of their ass when it comes time to take care of a customer/warranty issue. Unfortunately it's not just the sales team that is affected as their service department is a joke. I'm not sure if Mikey ever had any service or repair work done at Wedowee but I can tell you I know of several people who have had to deal with them, a few who are on this forum, and they all pretty much have the same negative opinion about how their boat was taken care of and issues addressed.

Best of luck in getting a good dealer. Us Bama guys don't really have much of a choice or selection of Yamaha boat dealers so it is what it is.

Last edited:

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@PortTobacco II I believe this one would look great in your garage too!
I agree Mr Crews. However, it just a bit out of my price range. AND I still do NOT have my 1973 F100 running! I got the truck back and drove it 40 miles and it broke down.

Sooooo..... Alan my good friend if you would be willing transport Jet-R-Done's boat to my place the way you kindly did when I purchased your awesome boat... :)

Nick....I do like your boat....

jet-r-done

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Admin: Need to mark this boat as sold. My edit option has disappeared at the top of my screen. The only option I have under thread tools is add or remove calendar. I don't even have the option of editing the body of the add anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Admin: Need to mark this boat as sold. My edit option has disappeared at the top of my screen. The only option I have under thread tools is add or remove calendar. I don't even have the option of editing the body of the add anymore. Any help would be appreciated.
Changed to sold. Thanks

@Julian, we may want to consider this use of aged post editing.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations on the sale! Don't be a stranger, even if you are boaters for a while. Cheers!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Fourjets

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Did your boat eventually sell?
How did you total the other one, if I may ask...?
Cheers, Todd