• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Repair shop needed - New Orleans

Adam Graff

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys, I have a 2007 AR230 with some enigine issues. I have used another repair shop (no names) that has done a decent job, but I continue to have issues. Can someone reccomend a good repair shop in the New Orleans, area?

Thanks in advance.

While we have you waiting for a repair shop .... What are the issues?

Yeah @Adam Graff hit us up with whats going on. We might be able to either help you fix it yourself or at least make sure your shop is barking up the right tree! You have the same boat as me. The primary (expensive) problem I'm seeing with our age engines is bad ECUs that cause the injectors to flood the engines with gas.

The simplest fix is to change the plugs....but I have to assume your shop has done this?

Thanks guys for the quick response. Honeslty, it's not so much a problem with my motors or boat, but the repair shop. Over the past year and half, I have had multiple issues, from a bad computer that washed down the number 3 cylinder, filled my crank case with fuel, and subsequently burnt up the motor. Then I had the other computer go out, but caught it fast enough. Had an oil leak on the new engine and water leak on the old engine. Lastly, I had to have the impellers both replaced and one wear ring, because they were not turning up 10K. The issue is that everytime I get the boat back, it's back at the shop for 3-4 weeks with another issue. I never get it back and it's fixed so that I can use it. I know for the most part, I am snake bitten, but I have spent 6-7K on repairs over the past 2 years. Now that I got it back, I have another oil leak, maybe the same as before and a water leak, also maybe the same. I am just looking for another shop that someone can reccommend. The shop I have been going to is highly reccommended, but my boat has been in the shop 7 times in 1 1/2 years. I don't think the make complete fixes. In other words, they address the issue at hand, but aren't doing enough testing to verify everything else is good.

Did your computer blow on the same motor twice? I've heard that you need to test and replace the bad fuel injectors. The corrupt injectors cause damage in the computer by drawing to many amps. So, if your injectors were not ohm tested and bad ones replaced, you should have this looked at.

Murf,
I blew the computer on the port engine. They took the starboard computer and moved it to the port and vice versa to check it. It turned out to be the computer, so they bought a new computer and put it on the starboard side. Once the new computer was installed on the starboard, months later, the old computer on the new port motor went out. You mentioned that the injectors could cause a problem and you could be right. Somewhere in all of this, the shop took the injectors out and sent them out to be reconditioned. The bad injectors could have caused the old, but good computer to go out like it did with the first one.

Back